Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Removal

I mangled my prop on a shallow rock bed. I'm attempting to remove it now. The nut backed off no problem without having to block the prop with wood. The shaft did start spinning as I tighjtened the prop puller. I have been beating on the back of the puller with a 3 lb hammer and it hasn't budged. Any ideas? The nut is still on the last few threads, but there is a good inch or so of clearance for the prop to move.

Yep, it has been my experience, at least, that it sometimes just takes a while. Just keep pinging away.

Eventually it'll drop. I don't ever hit the prop. Just the frame of the prop puller.

I don't have a prop puller and I tried for hours to "tap" it off with a hammer and a block of wood. I decided to heat it up with a torch. I was going to have it redone anyway so I felt pretty safe doing that. I heated it for about ten minutes rotating it every 30 seconds or so. When I lightly tapped the prop it fell right off. It does work.