Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acknowledging the good companies -- Thanks to UFP

rugger

Not sure where to put this -- but since we spend a lot of time complaining about faulty products and companies -- I wanted to share a positive experience and give props. My Extreme trailer failed miserably when both torsion axles broke simultaneously causing the trailer drop down and rest on the tires. I had to weld the axles to the beam just so I could move the trailer out of the street. This trailer was used less than 10 times but is 8 years old -- well beyond any warranty.

Extreme wanted nearly $1000 in parts, painted and shipped. So I called UFP, the company who actually makes the axles and they sent 2 new generation axles for absolutely free!!! Now that's a company that stands behind its products. They agreed a failure with such little use is inexcusable (as Peter pointed out -- they had a faulty run of axles in 03).

Thanks to the folks here, who pointed me to UFP and gave me insight on the torsion axles. :werule:

Edited by rugger

These aren't the only guys that are great to work with. A few years ago I bought a boat as a third owner that came on a SMP trailer. I called them because I couldn't tell what type of bearing buddy they had in the wheel and the grease was leaking out. The trailer was at least 5 years old at the time. Not only did they give me the correct size and type, they sent me two new ones!

There are good people in the marine industry!

• 1 month later...

Not sure where to put this -- but since we spend a lot of time complaining about faulty products and companies -- I wanted to share a positive experience and give props. My Extreme trailer failed miserably when both torsion axles broke simultaneously causing the trailer drop down and rest on the tires. I had to weld the axles to the beam just so I could move the trailer out of the street. This trailer was used less than 10 times but is 8 years old -- well beyond any warranty.

Extreme wanted nearly $1000 in parts, painted and shipped. So I called UFP, the company who actually makes the axles and they sent 2 new generation axles for absolutely free!!! Now that's a company that stands behind its products. They agreed a failure with such little use is inexcusable (as Peter pointed out -- they had a faulty run of axles in 03).

Thanks to the folks here, who pointed me to UFP and gave me insight on the torsion axles. :werule:

Rugger,

Do you have a name and number at UFP? My 02' LSV lost torsion on both right axles while sitting in the garage over the winter.As with you my trailer and boat are in mint condition with very little use.

Thanks,

John

Rugger,

Do you have a name and number at UFP? My 02' LSV lost torsion on both right axles while sitting in the garage over the winter.As with you my trailer and boat are in mint condition with very little use.

Thanks,

John

Yes -- I just sent you a PM.

I just wanna give a shout out to UFP too.

I recently had an issue with my 10 yr. old brake actuator.

Let's just say that the customer service from "Dabs311" and UFP are top notch.

And, this isn't the first time I've had stellar service from them.