Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX wake help

Lewake

I have a 2008 vtx and the wake isn't big enough.....at all.... I have the floating wedge, the 2 rear ballast filled, and the center filled. The wake has decent shape but needs to be twice as big. Any suggestions? I've heard the rear lockers are good for sacks. Any vtx owners help is appreciated.

A 750 fly high sac will fit in the rear lockers....damn near full / not quite. The X-2 fly high's (455/lb's I believe) fit in there with room to spare. I'm not going to be much help with the wakeboarding set-up as the 4 stock ballast tanks filled is more than enough for my riding ability.

Hope this helps a little bit

Koop

Wake or diamond hull? I found my diamond hull was not enough without the wedge but with full wedge, front, center and rear it is not bad. If you run the 750's about half full the wake will meat up a little more but with my diamond hull you will never get a super steep ramp. If you run with the 750's full and a 400 in the walkway the wake is pretty sweet but it is a dog getting onto plane.

In our VLX we run w/ 2 750 in the lounge and the 4 tanks of the boat plus wedge. At 37 KM/h the wake is huge.

Dont add only ballast in the rear lokers. the boat must have the same amount of weigth in the bow than in the rear.

Hope this Helps.

Luciano

Wake or diamond hull? I found my diamond hull was not enough without the wedge but with full wedge, front, center and rear it is not bad. If you run the 750's about half full the wake will meat up a little more but with my diamond hull you will never get a super steep ramp. If you run with the 750's full and a 400 in the walkway the wake is pretty sweet but it is a dog getting onto plane.

Is the sac in the bow needed? I just bought two 750s for the rear locker thinking it would be enough. If I don't get a sac for the front of the boat will it have a tough time trying to plane

Is the sac in the bow needed? I just bought two 750s for the rear locker thinking it would be enough. If I don't get a sac for the front of the boat will it have a tough time trying to plane

so I have a different hull ( 07 ride) but I run 750's n the rears, 500 in the belly, and 600 (I think) in the bow and the wake is huge for me and all the guys that ride with me. The bow ballast king if thickened the wake up, I don't put the wedge down now as the wake is perfect. The wedge amps the wake up, makes it steeper....which goes beyond my riding ability.

I would definitely add a bow sac, it makes the wake better and the boat handles better.......

With 2 750's in the stern lockers and nothing up front 1) your never gonna plane and 2) if you do plane, the wake will be so steep that it will be curling over at like 45' back. You need to make sure you have either a 60/40, 50/50 or 40/60 split on the weight distribution front to back depending on how steep you want the wake and whether you're riding with wedge or not. I rode my '08 VTX (wake hull) with a 2 450's and a 600 along the center of the boat from the walkway to the back seat in a "T" configuration with wedge down. I also tried it with the 2 450's in the rear lockers and the 600 up front but I couldn't use the wedge cause it would get a little too steep. I wanted an even bigger wake though so I just traded in the VTX for '10 23 LSV. I also bought 3 750's and 1200 triangle for up front. The configuration I'm gonna run is 2 750's in rear lockers, 1200 triangle up front and 750 in center walkway. Boat's got the Vortec 8100 so I shouldn't have any issues planing.

I have the same boat. (Except power wedge, but dont use the wedge anyhow)

We run all factories (250 in in each rear, 450 in the center 300 in the front)

On top of that we add 450s in each locker and an additional 250 in the bow (or in the walkway if folks want to be on the bow)

If you go with 750 in the rear you will definitely need wait up front to balance it out out the boat will porpoise.

A lot of this video is behind my boat with that set up (Some if it is my buddies 220). Some of the better shots of the VTX wake are at 0:42 - 0:50 and again at 1:22

I have the same boat. (Except power wedge, but dont use the wedge anyhow)

We run all factories (250 in in each rear, 450 in the center 300 in the front)

On top of that we add 450s in each locker and an additional 250 in the bow (or in the walkway if folks want to be on the bow)

If you go with 750 in the rear you will definitely need wait up front to balance it out out the boat will porpoise.

A lot of this video is behind my boat with that set up (Some if it is my buddies 220). Some of the better shots of the VTX wake are at 0:42 - 0:50 and again at 1:22

Great vid, amazing riding and fantastic wake. You would never know it is a VTX! I assume wake hull?