Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast and Other dumb ?'s

Moufoo

Dumb question, but how do you know when you ballast tanks are full? I dont have the fancy BMS, so i dont want to overfill/overexpand my tanks. And also, whenever I turn off the boat, BAD appears on the hours/temp/depth module LCD. Does that mean anything, or does it stand for something?

Dumb question, but how do you know when you ballast tanks are full? I dont have the fancy BMS, so i dont want to overfill/overexpand my tanks. And also, whenever I turn off the boat, BAD appears on the hours/temp/depth module LCD. Does that mean anything, or does it stand for something?

Q: How do I know when the tanks are full

A: Water comes out the overflow/drain (through-hull on the side of the boat)

Q: What does the boat mean when it says BAD

A: Either you f'd up something while driving, or someone did some sweet trick on the water

Hope that helps!

BAD is for the depth gauge & it will usually show that on startup & when you shut it down, it's completely normal. As for the tanks, you have hard tanks all the way around, so there's no real danger of overfilling. The overflow will keep it in check.

Wow you two are way too nice! After reading the OP I was expecting something really sly or overly sarcatsic (something funny) but all I found was helpful comments :unsure: Is everyone feeling okay? Biggrin.gif

Wow you two are way too nice! After reading the OP I was expecting something really sly or overly sarcatsic (something funny) but all I found was helpful comments :unsure: Is everyone feeling okay? Biggrin.gif

guess you overlooked my second response - I was only 50% helpful... which is about a 70% improvement than normal Biggrin.gif

Its like you read my mind Shocking.gif! But thanks for the help, I can rest easy now knowing the problem was just my extreme skill-

Dumb question, but ...

Someone once told me there's no such thing as a dumb question. Only dumb people that ask questions! Biggrin.gif

How was that?

Someone once told me there's no such thing as a dumb question. Only dumb people that ask questions!

I used to have a teacher who would say that to students. Talk about making you feel :unsure: about stuff.