Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shame on me!

Sixball

I have never missed getting a boat in by April 15 after getting the lake place back in 1998. I did this year. I have the lift and dock in but its cold below freezing at night. wind has been blowing 30mph all day. Gusting to shake the house. Rain the next three days with freezing temps at night. Next week looks poor.

Well I should not be to pissed. We have not Had any flooding, fires, or tornado's.

Send us some global warming.

Whateva!

I'm about to leave nice, sunny, CA, to go visit family in Boston next week.

Only packing warm clothes. What kind of a vacation is that?

I had to actually find a warm jacket in my closet.

I have never missed getting a boat in by April 15 after getting the lake place back in 1998. I did this year. I have the lift and dock in but its cold below freezing at night. wind has been blowing 30mph all day. Gusting to shake the house. Rain the next three days with freezing temps at night. Next week looks poor.

Well I should not be to pissed. We have not Had any flooding, fires, or tornado's.

Send us some global warming.

I'm so tied of talking about boating... it's to to actually boat , Looks like next Saturday we might be above 60...First run of the year...

Our weather seem's like it's at least 3 weeks behind something resembling "normal". Oh, ya, in Ohio.

It just better be a long freakin' hot summer. Sorry for the swearing, but I can't take it anymore either.

Steve B.

We took our boat out last weekend when it was 80 degrees for our "work the bugs out" trip. It was 80 outside, but the water was 52, 20 mph winds, and it HURT to get in the water, even with a wetsuit. So needless to say, we only took two wakeboard runs each, and mostly hung out in the boat.

And the weather forecast says rain, and nothing over 70 for the next 2 weeks... :guns::rant:

April 15th has been our last ditch day to ski also. It was unbelievably cold last Saturday, (45 &45). This was the first time in 15 + years that I haven't skied in March, but our ski by April 15th is still intact from 1982.

Water levels look good and high so far and hopefully the rest of the year will be good and we can ski into Nov. with only wetsuits.

Now back to painting the bathroom on this cold and rainy Saturday. :(

Edited by onamission

This spring has been terrible...water temps are still in the mid/upper 50s here, we'd need 2 weeks straight of 80s + to get into water temps in the 70s for the beginning of May... Forecast looks like hell...

SB, that's a great record ... I've only skied once in April ... need to find some crazy friends like you. How-a-bout that wind yesterday?

That wind was NASTY! Weird that it was out of the East. We took the full brunt of it coming all the way down 4 miles of open lake before pounding our house. This spring sucks. Last year this time we already had the boat in and had been out a few times. As of now I don't see a break in the weather that suggests I'll get the boat in before May. UGH! Stupid mother nature :rant: Why does global warming make everything so cold??

That wind was NASTY! Weird that it was out of the East. We took the full brunt of it coming all the way down 4 miles of open lake before pounding our house. This spring sucks. Last year this time we already had the boat in and had been out a few times. As of now I don't see a break in the weather that suggests I'll get the boat in before May. UGH! Stupid mother nature :rant:Why does global warming make everything so cold??

Because its called global climate change now...

martinarcher

Because its called global climate change now...

LOL.gif The liberals are such morons. Anything to spin it there way. Record cold temps and now it's "climate change" instead of global warming. Unsure.gif

It's all about the catch phrases.

In college January was the only month we didn't ski, no living in Colorado I'm stroked if I get the boat out by May.

Being a raft guide I'm used to the cold water, we're talking 38 degrees on the local river, but on the lake I like at least 50.

MalibuNation

Looks like I'll be watching a little of the NASCAR race today ... one of my favorite tracks ... since they are saying mid 40s and another day of winds to 50 mph here.

A couple down the street put their boat in last Saturday and were out skiing last Sunday when we had 80* here. They too have the historical ski prior to April 15.

An inch of snow is predicted for tonight with a 70% chance..... :vomit:

Thank God for "Global Warming"!

Edited by inlandlaker

An inch of snow is predicted for tonight with a 70% chance..... :vomit:

Seriously?? I haven't watched the news yet this weekend. I did see the low possibly in the 20's tonight though. I had somebody lined up to help me put the boat in this afternoon, but with the 10 day forecast barely making it the 50s and a possibility of a freeze tonight, I think the tower comes down, the swim platform off and shoe horn this baby back into the garage. Maybe it will be an Easter ski?!?!?

Seriously?? I haven't watched the news yet this weekend. I did see the low possibly in the 20's tonight though. I had somebody lined up to help me put the boat in this afternoon, but with the 10 day forecast barely making it the 50s and a possibility of a freeze tonight, I think the tower comes down, the swim platform off and shoe horn this baby back into the garage. Maybe it will be an Easter ski?!?!?

Saw that on the internet this morning and was disgusted. I'm putting my dock in this coming weekend and hope to be getting a lift by then as well, so I have my fingers crossed for some decent weather.

We woke up this morning to a white yard. Dock and lift snow covered. Wind is blowing. Yep it looks like NasCar and Drag Racing for me.

I will be going downtown to Midland later today my wife was the feathered quilter at the Midland quilt show. We need to take about 30 of her quilts down. She is happy I wont be wanting to stay and play with the boat.

LOL.gif The liberals are such morons. Anything to spin it there way. Record cold temps and now it's "climate change" instead of global warming. Unsure.gif

Sorry it was the IPCC that changed the name, turns out that people can't imagine how the average global temperature is getting warmer when its cold outside...

Mother nature is trying to help me with my decision not to drop the boat in. Its now snowing so hard I can not see the other side of the lake! Its just been cold windy anything but boating weather! COMMON!!!!!!!! Who pissed of mother nature. :crazy:

i couldnt handle that much cold weather! we are at 83 today, been in water past three weekends, but yes, water cold cold tho!

we always get to the track first down here in the south , so i guess we gonna be first in the water too!

i guess thats one good thing about mississippi, the only good thing i can think of right now!

Global warming is doin it to us too. We've had snow almost every day the last 2 weeks..... and air temps have been in the 40s every time it's done it.

But we've still had the boat & the paddleboard out like 4 or 5 times. Their just not left at the beach yet.

Docks go in on Friday though. Air temps forcasted to reach 60 for the first time in 2011.