Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo and windows finished!

Fman

Just got the boat back from Ben at ACME TUNES and TOPS in South Sacramento, Ben does a great job and is a top notch guy!

Ben at ACME tacked on to the 8 inboat factory Fosgate inboat system.... a WS-420, HSE sound revolution, WS 12" enclosed sub behind kick plate, Pair of Wetsound PRO 80's, ARC Audio KAR series 6 ch amp, KAR series 4 ch amp, Ipod docking/charging station, pro mariner dual bank charger, tinted windows with 20%.... the system sounds awesome!

One item Ben modified, is I am able to turn on the Stereo without having to turn the ignition on. Never figured out why Malibu has it setup this way, but listening to some tunes swimming off the boat or beached no longer required the MTC/Maliview to be on.

Heres a few pics.... Time to hit the water!

post-15179-077476200 1302846295_thumb.jp

post-15179-043169500 1302846324_thumb.jp

Edited by Fman

Looks awesome brother...just in time for the upcoming season!

I have inquired several times with my dealer and others about a way to have the stereo running with the Malivue and MTC off... no one had any ideas other than to rewire the power/ground for the blackbox...direct to the battery... is that what they did to get around that?

The amp draw to keep the Malivue and MTC up while floating is likely minimal...but still, 3-5 amps over 5-7 hours at party cove adds up...

Also, looks like a slick install on those Pro80s...no bracket or clamps? Any chance you could post a pic zoomed in on what/how they did to hang the Pro80s?

Edited by nyryan2001

Just got the boat back from Ben at ACME TUNES and TOPS in South Sacramento, Ben does a great job and is a top notch guy!

Ben at ACME tacked on to the 8 inboat factory Fosgate inboat system.... a WS-420, HSE sound revolution, WS 12" enclosed sub behind kick plate, Pair of Wetsound PRO 80's, ARC Audio KAR series 6 ch amp, KAR series 4 ch amp, Ipod docking/charging station, pro mariner dual bank charger, tinted windows with 20%.... the system sounds awesome!

One item Ben modified, is I am able to turn on the Stereo without having to turn the ignition on. Never figured out why Malibu has it setup this way, but listening to some tunes swimming off the boat or beached no longer required the MTC/Maliview to be on.

Heres a few pics.... Time to hit the water!

Awesome boat!!!! Love the tint, Thanks for sharing..

Awesome boat!!!! Love the tint, Thanks for sharing..

Thanks 67..... after seeing your 20% on your 2010, I had to do it, I had 35% on the Supra... but I really I am glad I went with 20%. Looking outward there is not much of a visual difference, just from the exterior view.

Edited by Fman

I have inquired several times with my dealer and others about a way to have the stereo running with the Malivue and MTC off... no one had any ideas other than to rewire the power/ground for the blackbox...direct to the battery... is that what they did to get around that?

The amp draw to keep the Malivue and MTC up while floating is likely minimal...but still, 3-5 amps over 5-7 hours at party cove adds up...

Also, looks like a slick install on those Pro80s...no bracket or clamps? Any chance you could post a pic zoomed in on what/how they did to hang the Pro80s?

Thanks, I am really pleased with Bens work.... I believe he did rewire to the perko switch, head unit will not come ON unless the battery is turned on. The mounts for the PRO 80's are the new G3 mounts. They are pretty slick and really do a nice job of tucking the speakers up in the corners of the tower. No head or clearance issues at all.... they also completely hide all the wiring.

Attached a pic of the G3 mount.

post-15179-076670900 1302878264_thumb.jp

Edited by Fman

Fman looks nice but where are the rest of the pics?

nyryan2001 - Looks like they used the WS G3 adapter brackets to me and mounted the pro-80's in the upper mounting location of the bracket.

Fman looks nice but where are the rest of the pics?

nyryan2001 - Looks like they used the WS G3 adapter brackets to me and mounted the pro-80's in the upper mounting location of the bracket.

Heres a few more internal pics... The Subwoofer is in a box behind the kickplate under the helm area. I did relocated the heater vents and add two more pop-outs yesterday, visually you cant see the 12" sub.

post-15179-040585500 1302899208_thumb.jp

post-15179-024063200 1302899229_thumb.jp

That is one really old iPod to go with that brand new boat and stereo :crazy:

2nd generation and still kickin'! Only a 2 Gig nano, but its all the good stuff!

Edited by Fman

I went with the prosport 12 as well.. I am contemplating what I want to do with the plug and I am not really fond of drilling holes but I like where you installed yours. Does the prosport 12 come with the female end already attached and they just ran the plug through it?

Because there is also this plug that old skool bu has

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/product.php?productid=16453&cat=311&page=1

Edited by BlitzedVLX

Thanks 67..... after seeing your 20% on your 2010, I had to do it, I had 35% on the Supra... but I really I am glad I went with 20%. Looking outward there is not much of a visual difference, just from the exterior view.

I really think it changes the look dramatically, I know this may sound funny, But its like when you lower a car, The whole stance of the boat changes, Like a real mean look...It's got attitude,