Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

XTI Guys/What 4-Blade??

AndrewJetMitchell

Want to step up to a 4-Blade (pushing more weight, top speed in not a concern) from the stock 13X11.5 3-Blade. When we load up the boat with a xtra 600 rear/400 front it takes way to long to plain out. Its ok with stock ballast but not with the added 1000lbs. What 4-Blade did you upgrade to?? Thanks

03' XTI Malibu

wedge/stk 1050lbs

xtra ballast/600rear+400front

speed 20&21 mph

3-5 people (sometimes 2-HOT girls)

Want to step up to a 4-Blade (pushing more weight, top speed in not a concern) from the stock 13X11.5 3-Blade. When we load up the boat with a xtra 600 rear/400 front it takes way to long to plain out. Its ok with stock ballast but not with the added 1000lbs. What 4-Blade did you upgrade to?? Thanks

03' XTI Malibu

wedge/stk 1050lbs

xtra ballast/600rear+400front

speed 20&21 mph

3-5 people (sometimes 2-HOT girls)

Would not think you're going to get many answers, like the other thread you in which you started on the same question because most with a CNC'd 3 blade wouldn't necessarily call it an upgrade to go to a 4 blade. Your Supra was different because the stock prop was cast but at lower pitches (without vdrive reduction), there is hardly an advantage getting a 4 blade which is why they don't come from the factory that way. But if you're friend REALLY wants a 4 blade (well, no matter what he wants), the lower you go in pitch, the more power it will feel like it has. As to sizing, the larger props will slip less but are harder to spin. Anyone at OJ or ACME can help you. They made need pictures of the hot girls to ensure you get the right one.

Wow, I find it really hard to believe that in the last 8-yrs that there arent any XTI guys out there that have upgraded there prop no matter what size or pitch it is. VERY disappointing that theirs no help on here??

Jet - I tried to answer your concerns in the other thread suggesting a 13 X 11 3-blade for the 1:1 trans. For a 4-blade I would suggest a 13 X 12 FORCE 4-blade.

Wow, I find it really hard to believe that in the last 8-yrs that there arent any XTI guys out there that have upgraded there prop no matter what size or pitch it is. VERY disappointing that theirs no help on here??

Uhh, what exactly are you looking for? You've been told why the prop originally selected was incorrect, you have a prop professional who has already made you a recommendation and the basics (lower pitch = more power, (which you and your buddy already went the wrong way on)) and now you're "disappointed"? ...after you incorrectly say that you and your friend have the same engine and tranny when in fact they are nothing alike? Sorry dude, the feedback you have already gotten is pretty good, what more are you looking for?

You also keep talking in terms of "upgrading", there is no upgrade going from a 3 blade CNC to a 4 blade CNC for your buddy. Your old cast prop on the other hand is a different story and it was an upgrade to go to a cnc 3 or 4 blade. I'm not real sure how you wound up on the 4 blade bandwagon but they're not really an advantage at these pitches. At higher pitches that's different, but not in the 10-13's.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

Easy..easy...Im new on here be nice. I appreciate your time..I have said Thank you twice and have considered your suggestions. Except for putting the same prop on (13x11.5 3-blade) that came off,lol. That one NO WORKY!! I have had 87 suggestions but not one guy saying "this prop works great for me" Thats what Im dissapointed about and the 3-replys that I got. Thats also why I started a new thread with a more direct question. The stock prop with the stock ballast is fine..we like to add another 1000lbs and it takes 2-football fields to come up to plain and speed (a little exagerated) You cant tell me there isnt a upgrade that will move 1000 more lbs a little better than whats NOT working on the boat now. We are considering your 14x12 something but would feel better if I heard from some guy that HAS tried it. Just wanted more replys. Where is everyone??

Easy..easy...Im new on here be nice. I appreciate your time..I have said Thank you twice and have considered your suggestions. Except for putting the same prop on (13x11.5 3-blade) that came off,lol. That one NO WORKY!! I have had 87 suggestions but not one guy saying "this prop works great for me" Thats what Im dissapointed about and the 3-replys that I got. Thats also why I started a new thread with a more direct question. The stock prop with the stock ballast is fine..we like to add another 1000lbs and it takes 2-football fields to come up to plain and speed (a little exagerated) You cant tell me there isnt a upgrade that will move 1000 more lbs a little better than whats NOT working on the boat now. We are considering your 14x12 something but would feel better if I heard from some guy that HAS tried it. Just wanted more replys. Where is everyone??

I have an I ride, so basically the same set up. I also am up grading my prop for the extra ballast. I will be runnig about 1200 to 1800 lbs with a wedge. I just ordered an Acme 525. After doin the research and talking to others and ACME this is what I settled on. Its a 3 blade that is suppsoed to be better than the 4 blades for the DD set up. The other suggestions i got were the ACME 653 and 911. The props go in order of torque:

The 911 is supposed to pull like freight train but you will lose top end. My understanding is the 911 would be like the 1235 in a 3 blade configuraion ( This is my understanding and have been known to be wrong). If you call ACME they should be able to help you out. I would think you will want one of these 3 props though.

Ryan

Ryan

Who said put the same prop on?

No one said that either, the dynamics of what direction you should move was explained to you. There are certainly props which do what you're looking for. Explaining that a move from a 3 blade to a 4 blade is not an upgrade doesn't mean that there's not options. Doing you a favor by explaining that.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

I have an I ride, so basically the same set up. I also am up grading my prop for the extra ballast. I will be runnig about 1200 to 1800 lbs with a wedge. I just ordered an Acme 525. After doin the research and talking to others and ACME this is what I settled on. Its a 3 blade that is suppsoed to be better than the 4 blades for the DD set up. The other suggestions i got were the ACME 653 and 911. The props go in order of torque:

The 911 is supposed to pull like freight train but you will lose top end. My understanding is the 911 would be like the 1235 in a 3 blade configuraion ( This is my understanding and have been known to be wrong). If you call ACME they should be able to help you out. I would think you will want one of these 3 props though.

Ryan

Ryan

911 is 13 x 10.5 so yes, your assessment is correct. 525 or 653 is what he pulled off depending on cup.

Ryan, if you're putting a 525 ON, what came off? a 515? engine?

911 is 13 x 10.5 so yes, your assessment is correct. 525 or 653 is what he pulled off depending on cup.

Ryan, if you're putting a 525 ON, what came off? a 515? engine?

Yea its a 515, it has the 320 LCR.

Yea its a 515, it has the 320 LCR.

That's a 1/2" difference, same cup. Hope that brings enough performance gain to justify it. You're putting on what OP's friend took off though his boat about 500 lbs heavier to start with. OP still hasn't said engine which of course is a big deal.

That's a 1/2" difference, same cup. Hope that brings enough performance gain to justify it. You're putting on what OP's friend took off though his boat about 500 lbs heavier to start with. OP still hasn't said engine which of course is a big deal.

I got a really good deal on it, and my old prop is dinged up and needs to be repaird anyway. Ill have it fixed with a differnt Cup.

Ryan

My recommendation is to call Acme props and talk to them. I called them and they were real helpful as they asked a bunch of question about the boat, current problem and desired outcome. Some things you should know before you call is, your motor size, top speed and rpm, along with what is your current prop. It seems that Malibu has a variety of props to choice from so no all XTi have the same stock prop.

On my XTi with the Monsoon, it came with the Acme 515 stock. My dad and I are both bigger guys, the boat seemed to take forever to yank us out of the water. So we wanted more holeshot and didn't mind to lose a few mph off of top end. The boat is used for recreational wakeboarding and skiing. The prop Acme recommended for me is the Acme 911, not the 1235 that everyone talks about. Big improvement with the 911, a few mph were lost on top end but not a big deal for us.

My recommendation is to call Acme props and talk to them. I called them and they were real helpful as they asked a bunch of question about the boat, current problem and desired outcome. Some things you should know before you call is, your motor size, top speed and rpm, along with what is your current prop. It seems that Malibu has a variety of props to choice from so no all XTi have the same stock prop.

On my XTi with the Monsoon, it came with the Acme 515 stock. My dad and I are both bigger guys, the boat seemed to take forever to yank us out of the water. So we wanted more holeshot and didn't mind to lose a few mph off of top end. The boat is used for recreational wakeboarding and skiing. The prop Acme recommended for me is the Acme 911, not the 1235 that everyone talks about. Big improvement with the 911, a few mph were lost on top end but not a big deal for us.

Because that's for Vdrives...with gear reduction.

I have a 4-blade as a spare, but it reduced performance so it's just the spare, no upgrade about it. The DD boats are better off with 3 blade in my opinion.