Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's gone finally the ice

tuslake

The ice is outta here yesterday,so the hoist ,dock going in this weekend ,put Jacks bu in yesterday.what a change to see it be glass when i get home instead of a glaicer!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, finally. Ours disappeared a month ago.

Where are you?

Let the season begin! :yahoo:

Central NY, we still have a foot of snow or more in some of the wooded areas.the water temp says its 46 ,but I don't think thats right!

martinarcher

Central NY, we still have a foot of snow or more in some of the wooded areas.the water temp says its 46 ,but I don't think thats right!

I love these threads! Spring is here! Yahoo.gif

Agreed the ice was there yesterday I would say 38-40 at the very best case.

The "warm" lake we go to reported last week "ice starting to break up on shoreline." Our early season spot reported temps of "COLD, COLD, COLD"

Though on Mon I did ski 20k vert and get in a 20 mile bike ride.

Edited by CoMtnBu

So what sort of water/air temps do you guys ski/ride in??

Here where I live in Australia most people stop riding once the air temp goes below 24 degs celsius (75 F).

I would still ride in our winter where we can still get days up to 18 C (64 F) but struggle to find any crew :(

I only have a heater top and my rideshorts but really all year round skiing is possible if other Aussies werent such wimps!!

I feel sorry for all you blokes that have ICE stopping you putting your boats in the water ..... EEEKKK!!!

martinarcher

So what sort of water/air temps do you guys ski/ride in??

Here where I live in Australia most people stop riding once the air temp goes below 24 degs celsius (75 F).

I would still ride in our winter where we can still get days up to 18 C (64 F) but struggle to find any crew :(

I only have a heater top and my rideshorts but really all year round skiing is possible if other Aussies werent such wimps!!

I feel sorry for all you blokes that have ICE stopping you putting your boats in the water ..... EEEKKK!!!

Yeah, you might turn blue over hear. Whistling.gif Last March our first day out was in 42 degree F water (5* C). The air was in the low 60's (around 15*C). In the fall we run until the air and water temp combined are below 100*F (the 100 degree rule we call it). The days where the water is 45 and the air is 55 are chilly. LOL.gif