Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

K&N Air Cleaner Removal

I want to remove my air cleaner element to clean and condition it. I have a 2008 23 LSV Wakesetter with a 340 Monsoon. Easy to loosen the hose clamp but I can only slightly turn the filter. Any tips on how to remove it? Space is very tight there.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I want to remove my air cleaner element to clean and condition it. I have a 2008 23 LSV Wakesetter with a 340 Monsoon. Easy to loosen the hose clamp but I can only slightly turn the filter. Any tips on how to remove it? Space is very tight there.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mine is a DD but I gotta believe it would be the same. There should be a hose clamp that secures it to the air intake port. Loosen that and it should come right off with a little rocking side-to-side. FWIW - pretty important you use the right cleaner on the filter element then be sure and oil it up before reinstalling.

I have the cleaner and oil from K&N and just having a hard time to loosen the filter. The clamp is plenty loose and was worried about breaking something if I wasn't careful. Wasn't sure if it twists on to something or just a straight slip fit over a flange?

I have the cleaner and oil from K&N and just having a hard time to loosen the filter. The clamp is plenty loose and was worried about breaking something if I wasn't careful. Wasn't sure if it twists on to something or just a straight slip fit over a flange?

It slides off but I know what problem you are talking about, there isn't much clearance to the back of the seat so you don't have much room to work with. Just make sure its not hung up on something and it should pop right off

Paul

Make sure not to over oil the filter and make sure the oil gets a good chance to dry before you reinstall to avoid the oil getting in the intake plenum messing up your sensors.

-Paul

Excellent, thanks guys. Also, my soft faced dead blow purse is out being custom embroidered this weekend :whistle: