Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking about a small HD camcorder for the boat?

malibudog

For my business, I put together a chart listing information on some of the most popular mini-camcorders on the market today. Several customers thought the chart was helpful and suggested I post it online generally in case anyone is in the market this spring for a new camcorder for the boat. If you already own one of the camcorders on the list, please add any short comments you have to the last column on the chart (it can be edited). That way, anyone who looks at it gets the collected wisdom of actual owners as well. Play nice, it’s only valuable if added comments are contructive. Below is the link to the chart:

My link

For my business, I put together a chart listing information on some of the most popular mini-camcorders on the market today. Several customers thought the chart was helpful and suggested I post it online generally in case anyone is in the market this spring for a new camcorder for the boat. If you already own one of the camcorders on the list, please add any short comments you have to the last column on the chart (it can be edited). That way, anyone who looks at it gets the collected wisdom of actual owners as well. Play nice, it’s only valuable if added comments are contructive. Below is the link to the chart:

My link

I''m not sure why, but that took a really long time to load in full. It popped up right away, but I couldn't scroll or anything else for a while.

In any case, just note that Cisco has dropped the Flip division. The cameras are going to get cheap fairly quickly and then disappear. Might sway your decision in terms of price. Also, I heard the slide is really not that good.

I have the flip ultra, I like it for what I use it for but the battery does not last long and there is very little "zoom".

I got both the Flip Ultra & the Casio SD780IS for Christmas over a year ago. I had a chance to play with them both for a while, convert & edit the videos before I returned one. The Flip didn't even come close in quality or features & it was returned. The Casio is a small still/video camera that takes great images & video & has way more features than I will ever use.

And the GoPro just rocks. I love that thing. Images & videos are great quality. But it does have it's limitations (anything beyond about 10' or 15' away).

The videos in the signature link were taken with these two cameras over the last 8 or 9 months. The two points of view really make a fun video to watch IMO.