Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED Lights

tbonemalibu

I was looking around and i noticed some boats that looked like LEd lights in there boat. I was 1st wondering where to get them and second can you just take the old ones out and replace them with the LEd's. Thanks for the help..

Do a search under members for neilfett.

He's the resident expert and I believe he sells all the things you could want. I don't think I've seen him on here in awhile so, I'd email him.

Both SuperBrightLED and Autolumination have White and colored led's that will plug into just about any socket. I've used the white ones in the storage areas, bow light and anchor lights. They run a lot cooler. For the gunnel lights I put in led light bars from either Varad or Street Glow that I picked up from a local car stereo install shop.

Neil hasn't been too accessible of late, so you may want to check out this thread:

Link

I bought the same ones from the same vendor that D-GOOSE talks about in the thread & they look & work great. Even with the high shipping costs it's a good deal because the system is very easy to set up. It's plug & play, the hardest part (if you can call it hard) is wiring it in to the switch on the dash & that was pretty simple to do.

Neil hasn't been too accessible of late, so you may want to check out this thread:

Link

I bought the same ones from the same vendor that D-GOOSE talks about in the thread & they look & work great.  Even with the high shipping costs it's a good deal because the system is very easy to set up.  It's plug & play, the hardest part (if you can call it hard) is wiring it in to the switch on the dash & that was pretty simple to do.

Did you have to extend any of the wiring and if not how did you route them? What color did you get?

The lights are great and are easy to install. Some time's I turn them on in the garage at night. :blush:

I'm working on a few mods to the bu and will post them as there finished. These should be something most will like.

I got the red ones. :) I didn't have to extend anything, although the one that is in the main cabin on the port side is a bit of a stretch. I don't have them installed right at the moment because there's more work that needs to be done to the tower & it would be right in the way, and with all of the snow I can't get it to the dealer. But initially when I did a test run with them in place they worked great & look incredible. The red matches up nicely with the gauge lights.

I got the red ones.  :)  I didn't have to extend anything, although the one that is in the main cabin on the port side is a bit of a stretch.  I don't have them installed right at the moment because there's more work that needs to be done to the tower & it would be right in the way, and with all of the snow I can't get it to the dealer.  But initially when I did a test run with them in place they worked great & look incredible.  The red matches up nicely with the gauge lights.

Red is the best choice if you are using your boat after dark it doesn't distract as much from your night vision.

When I was on submarines in the Navy the control room was always red if it was dark on the surface, so if the ship had to emergency surface for any reason evryones eyes were adjusted to night. :)

I know that a couple of local car stereo shops around me carry LED lighting for cars. It probably is the same kind of set up in a boat. I would check with some of your local car audio/boat audio shops they should have LED's, don'y try best buy or circuit city those stereo shops won't have them.

Can someone who ordered from autolumination shed some light (pun intended) on which lights to get and how many? Do they come in bars or lenghts? How are they attached? There website has little to no helpful info.

I also checked out the ebay seller who D-goose got his from and the light bars seem really simple and bight, but I don't know how many to get? Maybe WG or DG could chime in with how many bars they bought?

Last question, but what do you think would be the best color to go with our boats intererior? Blue, White (kind of boring), Green, purple? I am leaning towards blue because it seems like everyone else has gone with red and I already have green in my car.

Okay you sold me!!! that blue Rockon.gif I love how it looks with the red gauges!

Is that your boat? If so what kind of lights and how many are you running?

Edited by jetskipro550
Can someone who ordered from autolumination shed some light (pun intended) on which lights to get and how many? Do they come in bars or lenghts? How are they attached? There website has little to no helpful info.

I also checked out the ebay seller who D-goose got his from and the light bars seem really simple and bight, but I don't know how many to get? Maybe WG or DG could chime in with how many bars they bought?

Last question, but what do you think would be the best color to go with our boats intererior? Blue, White (kind of boring), Green, purple? I am leaning towards blue because it seems like everyone else has gone with red and I already have green in my car.

you can get as many as you want. But for me 1 set worked out great. There in a solid plastic tube. I just tied them to the wiring up under the gunny.

These are just like what I have but with a remote red led lights They have many more colors even blue JET. Good to see your not a follower Tongue.gif just don't go with white, it would be a waist of money. The lights are bright and make the boat glow. I have never seen the boat from a distance to see how well it lights up.

I heard there's a jumper battery out there with disco lights and a descending disco ball. I think J.C. Whitney has it.

If you find a link to one let me know. I will have to get one before the WOW. Crazy.gif I'll have to see if Stewart will let me use his pimp daddy hat. ROFL.gif

Bad Picture....the blue is really cool at night

Is that your boat? I like how it lights up the floor. Are there some single led lights around the sides of the floor and under the dash? I seen this one MC that had a some thing like 17 single led lights all over her boat and it looked sweet but the price for doing it was out there.

Edited by D-GOOSE

You'll just need one order from the Ebay seller - there are 4 bars of lights included & they're long enough to go in the cabin gunwales & up in the bow gunwales. You could always get extras & pimp out the engine compartment. :lol:

Ah, Goose beat me to it. :)

Edited by WakeGirl

Yeah, that is my blue boat. There are 6 lite strips under the gunnels, 4 lite pods on both sides under the seat, and in the back under the seat, a 12 lite strip under the dash, 2 more 6 lite strips under the gunnels in the bow, and another 4 lite pod in the walkway. I wired it to an accessory switch, it was really easy. They draw milliamps, so the battery is no concern. I just got a pair of Addictions, and I am having a strip made that will go behind the flame grilles, giving the speakers a really cool glow.

By the way, I got my lites from Neil. He has been sick, which is why he is kinda hard to get ahold of.

Edited by Peacock

been kinda holding this info for awhile,,,,but just so everyone knows,,,,,i sent neil $187 back in june for a complete light package for my boat. it is now december and i still have nothing. i have heard EVERY excuse imaginable!! so i would think twice about ordering anything from him right now

been kinda holding this info for awhile,,,,but just so everyone knows,,,,,i sent neil $187 back in june for a complete light package for my boat.  it is now december and i still have nothing.    i have heard EVERY excuse imaginable!!  so i would think twice about ordering anything from him right now

Is Neil the guy from ebay?

been kinda holding this info for awhile,,,,but just so everyone knows,,,,,i sent neil $187 back in june for a complete light package for my boat.  it is now december and i still have nothing.    i have heard EVERY excuse imaginable!!  so i would think twice about ordering anything from him right now

Is Neil the guy from ebay?

No, he' talking about our own neilfett.