Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 wedge fuses.

BaBaLoO

So I had major issues with my power wedge at the end of last year with no resolve. I got new actuators and the wedge still doesnt work. The weird thing is when i put the new ones on I had to to put the wedge in the down position, so when i went out on the lake the right after to test it out it still wouldnt work. I fiddled with the main fuse for the wedge and tried again. Boom it worked it came all the way up, But after that nothing. My gauge showed that it was in the full upright pos. when after crusing for a bit the guage showed it slowly going all the way down. When I checked in the back the wedge was still all the way up! So heres my question since I need to look at everything. Could the sensor be the problem? And I heard that there is a 2nd in line fuse? where is that located because I cannot find it. I have gone under the dash and followed the wires until they go in the boat and nothing. I have also changed the main fuse for the wedge to 15amps instd of 30 as I was told to by Lenco. I almost just want to hard wire it with an inline fuse to see it that would work. I have talked to my local shop and they say it could be the computer under the dash which runs around $1000!!!! I really hope that isnt it. So all all tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Is it possible that the wedge that the wedge needs to be re calibrated? The wedge on our 08 VLX would not function at all, the gauge would read that the wedge would raise and lower but it would not. Dealer ended up replacing the power wedge controller and now it works as it should.

Is it possible that the wedge that the wedge needs to be re calibrated? The wedge on our 08 VLX would not function at all, the gauge would read that the wedge would raise and lower but it would not. Dealer ended up replacing the power wedge controller and now it works as it should.

how much did that run you? and are you talking about the mux control box?

I can guarantee this isn't the problem but the fuses are located here. If your getting power they aren't it, but it's nice to know where it is... :whistle:

wicked I know exactly where that is, hopefully i can take a look at it this weekend thanks. BTW, what do you think it is?

Edited by BaBaLoO

wicked I know exactly where that is, hopefully i can take a look at it this weekend thanks. BTW, what do you think it is?

If you changed the rams chances are you may have to recalibrate. Have you tried this yet?

Edited by old skool malibu

how much did that run you? and are you talking about the mux control box?

There was a bad run of Mux Boxes. I had one - it should be covered under warranty if that is the case. You can give your dealer the number and they can check with BU if it is one of the faulty units.

If you changed the rams chances are you may have to recalibrate. Have you tried this yet?

Is that when you run it in the water and put in the up and down position in the dash comp where it says calibrate? If so then yes tried that but there is no movement in the wedge so cant calibrate it.

There was a bad run of Mux Boxes. I had one - it should be covered under warranty if that is the case. You can give your dealer the number and they can check with BU if it is one of the faulty units.

My warranty is up if thats the case which sucks, its an 08 jsut ran out end of last year.

My warranty is up if thats the case which sucks, its an 08 jsut ran out end of last year.

I woud talk to your dealer or take your boat in. A good dealer will help you out as best they can.

• 3 years later...

Has anyone found the inline fuse (20A) for 2008 VTX? I appreciate the pictures posted by Malibudude but I still can't find mine in the same place. I have a 30 A in the fuse box but it seems fine by ohm-meter reading (closed). My Wedge is stuck in the up position and it quit suddenly with no errors, there is currently no sounds when trying to deploy ... so indicates absence of power and thus most likely a fuse issue. I clipped all the plastic ties holding the cabling and traced all the cables under the dash with no luck finding anything that resembles an inline fuse. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

This may sound silly, buuttttt.....

My buddy has an 06 247 and his wedge hadn't worked in three years. Changed the actuators, hooked power up to a different source, all worked great, put it all together, it would not work. His inline fuse was under the dash, blah blah... Longer story short, the power wire to the switch had somehow come off. I looked under the dash, hooked it up, and it fired up.

maybe? you never know

Has anyone found the inline fuse (20A) for 2008 VTX? I appreciate the pictures posted by Malibudude but I still can't find mine in the same place. I have a 30 A in the fuse box but it seems fine by ohm-meter reading (closed). My Wedge is stuck in the up position and it quit suddenly with no errors, there is currently no sounds when trying to deploy ... so indicates absence of power and thus most likely a fuse issue. I clipped all the plastic ties holding the cabling and traced all the cables under the dash with no luck finding anything that resembles an inline fuse. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have an 08 VTX and when my wedge went out only could find the 30 amp under the dash. Do 08s not have the inline fuse? I ended up needing a new medallion board under the dash.

Edited by SouthsideBoarder
  • 1 year later...