Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

750lb sacs mod

cbmalibu98

I am in the process of upgrading the rear sacs in my 98 VXL. I currently have 2-400lb sacs with a jobco pump setup. I am going to replace my 400s with 750s. My question is do you think it is necessary to reinforce the engine dividers with this upgrade and if so how would you think is the best way to make this modification. thanks for your feedback.

CB

I removed my hard tanks in 2003 and replaced with Launch Pad 440's - they were the best fit at the time.

Then in 2005 replaced the 440s with Pro-X 750s.

The only thing I did to the engine dividers is remove the brackets that hold the table and wind block - did not do any reinforcement of them.

Its been like that ever since with no issues.

Now keep in mind we only use the boat for 150 - 200 hrs a season and mostly surf :whistle:

I removed my hard tanks in 2003 and replaced with Launch Pad 440's - they were the best fit at the time.

Then in 2005 replaced the 440s with Pro-X 750s.

The only thing I did to the engine dividers is remove the brackets that hold the table and wind block - did not do any reinforcement of them.

Its been like that ever since with no issues.

Now keep in mind we only use the boat for 150 - 200 hrs a season and mostly surf :whistle:

Only 150-200 huh....might be why you get away with not reinforcing the deiders. :innocent:

Thanks for the advise. I ended up purchasing some 1-1/2" aluminum angle to reinforce the engine. I took two pieces of the angle and made a welded t-shaped back bone on the engine side and attached it with stainless screws to a flat piece of aluminum on the locker side at the top of the divider. It is solid as a rock, thanks for the advise :clap:

CB