Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help with boat lift for 2005 Response LXi

lrust

Need some assistance with reconfiguration of boat lift. I am in the process of buying a dock and lift that is currently set up for a 2005 Chaparral 210. It is the style that pumps air into ballast tanks to riase boat out of water - couldn't find any make/model markings......Any assistance or guidance on how to set up the runners is appreciated. I have a picture of the lift fully raised with no boat but can't figure out how to post here!!!!

This is a great site.....owned a Malibu for a number of years and just joined.

Thanks,

Lowell

Updated with picture inserted....any help appreciated!!!

post-15634-062186100 1303479314_thumb.jp

Edited by lrust

Welcome to the crew!

I think you may need to be a paid member to post pics. Your best bet is to get a photobucket account and link to the pics there. Either way you should get a paid account, the sticker is totally worth it!

I know this is not the answer that you were looking for but I would call the manufacture. I just bought a used Shorestation lift and Shorestation was super helpfull even though I was buying a used lift from some dude off CL.

Get us that pic so we can all speculate about how it should be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at that pic, you should be able to easily modify that to hold your response. Take some measurements off your trailer and set the two rails the same distance apart as your main trailer bunks. The other measurement you will really have to pay attention to is the height. You may have to fab up some new brackets all together.

OR maybe someone on here can chime in if they have a response on a lift.

I just ordered some of these for my lift. Maybe you could call these guys and get their measurements... :dontknow:

My lift is setup for an 04'. I might be going down there later today and I will measure the bunk spacing and get back to you. My spacing is based on the trailer bunks.

These numbers are to the center of the bunk and were based on a 2004 LXI.

30" wide at the front of my cradle.

27" wide at the rear.

You can just go simple and do 29" front and back. Thats what my buddy did with his 06' It sits just fine. I measured my boatmate trailer bunks and felt that they were just a tick closer at the back of the boat than at the front.

My cradle is about 9' long, so take that into account. These measurements were taken at the front of the cradle and at the rear, where my bunk supports are mounted. I left them just a smidge loose the first time I put the boat on, that allowed them to self-adjust to the angle of the boat's bottom. Once the boat was lifted, I tightened them up with the boat on the lift. Then they were set.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CTbouychaser

I just checked my lift 07 RLXI 22" from inside to inside of bunk.

Thanks for everyone's response - this is a huge help. Any comments/suggestions on whether the runners should be covered with the same carpeting material that is on my boatmate trailer? Looks like it only has some type of hard rubber/plastic material that came with the lift. Thanks!

Thanks for everyone's response - this is a huge help. Any comments/suggestions on whether the runners should be covered with the same carpeting material that is on my boatmate trailer? Looks like it only has some type of hard rubber/plastic material that came with the lift. Thanks!

I have switched to plastics.

This is just one of many brands http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/m_bunkwraps.htm

Last forever no scratching I am not going back to carpet.

I have seen others and I am looking for the name or brand that are much thicker but do not wrap the 2x6. They might be my choice. I have some from Cabala's, I put some on my neighbors and his are shot but he does not lower his lift he power loads and unloads and has torn the pads. I have seen him move his lift from not lowering it enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Got loaded up this weekend - see pix below. Runners were 10' long and Boatmate trailer main bunks were 8' long. Ended up using 30 inch separation on runners on lift and it works great.

Thanks again for the responses.

Lowell

post-15634-007298300 1304903879_thumb.jp