Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust drains

Sweet. Gotta love it when a buddy pulls through in a pinch. Rockon.gif

True fact. It was an easy trade for me. Plus, I have somewhere to clean, polish, and wax the boat now out of the weather. Huge bonus!

martinarcher

True fact. It was an easy trade for me. Plus, I have somewhere to clean, polish, and wax the boat now out of the weather. Huge bonus!

No doubt. That is awesome the Bu under roof. Clap.gif

I don't think I could sleep if my Bu was sleeping outside. LOL.gif

No doubt. That is awesome the Bu under roof. Clap.gif

I don't think I could sleep if my Bu was sleeping outside. LOL.gif

My bu will soon be sleeping on a lift outside. I just need to get the lift now. They don't last long on the market here. It's a good thing that it's under roof now. We are experiencing the typical April chill here right now. By the end of next week we'll likely be in good shape in terms of temps. It was 29* this morning at the house, so I'm pleased to say the least that she's in a nice heated garage!

PB Blaster?

Is the square hole stripped out?

When you do get it out, consider installing the crossover hose kit. It will simplify this process a LOT.

exhsthose_LG.jpg

Bill - where does this cross over kit attch? Any picks of your install?

Bill - where does this cross over kit attch? Any picks of your install?

There is a fitting installed where the manifold plugs are located. And then a hose to each fitting. Then you just join the two hoses underneath & slightly to the side of the engine (one hose is a bit longer than the other).

The kit comes installed on any new boat now days. I did retrofit it on my 1994 MC 205 though & it's something I would do to any boat from here on. You just crack the two hoses apart & the manifolds drain into the bilge in seconds. Mine are just hand tight. I don't think I've ever had to use a wrench on them at all.

I recently had to pull a plug from the manifold that was installed when the engine was manufactured. The plug had been painted over. The only thing that made it move was to get a torch and apply some heat. It's worth a shot. Make sure it's well ventilated before you fire up a flame near the engine though.

I had to do the exact same thing yesterday. Heat the plug up to cook the paint, add penetrating oil and let sit. Heat up the plug itself with soldering flame a half of an inch from the plug (about a minute you don't want to change its structure) and then add some more pen oil and let cool. Now heat up the metal around the plug so it expands and then use your bar with an extension to loosen the plug. It that does not work add more pen oil and try it again.

The plugs that are flush when installed are the easier ones to remove without breaking. The plugs that are raised can break much easier, I had to drill one out (on the intake manifold for my fresh water cooling heat exchanger set up) and use an easyout tool to remove it.

Don't worry about your paint! you can degrease it an touch that up, that's what the pros would do it you take it to them. Good luck.

Edited by maxredline

I had to do the exact same thing yesterday. Heat the plug up to cook the paint, add penetrating oil and let sit. Heat up the plug itself with soldering flame a half of an inch from the plug (about a minute you don't want to change its structure) and then add some more pen oil and let cool. Now heat up the metal around the plug so it expands and then use your bar with an extension to loosen the plug. It that does not work add more pen oil and try it again.

The plugs that are flush when installed are the easier ones to remove without breaking. The plugs that are raised can break much easier, I had to drill one out (on the intake manifold for my fresh water cooling heat exchanger set up) and use an easyout tool to remove it.

Don't worry about your paint! you can degrease it an touch that up, that's what the pros would do it you take it to them. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to continue to try to get it out once I have the boat back home. I'm now fortunate enough to have it under roof so I'm far less worried about it.

There is a fitting installed where the manifold plugs are located. And then a hose to each fitting. Then you just join the two hoses underneath & slightly to the side of the engine (one hose is a bit longer than the other).

The kit comes installed on any new boat now days. I did retrofit it on my 1994 MC 205 though & it's something I would do to any boat from here on. You just crack the two hoses apart & the manifolds drain into the bilge in seconds. Mine are just hand tight. I don't think I've ever had to use a wrench on them at all.

This is a pretty nice addition. I'm going to order the fittings and hoses to have on hand when I finally break the plug free. It beats the hell out of messing around with it the way I have been. Thanks for the tip.

Interesting - would a 09 count as a new boat? Or did Malibu just start in 2011?