Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX weight enhancement !

radikal

Hi guys,

i have a 08 VLX, i want to put extra weight into my rear locker. I want to maybe add extra ballast bags plug and play to my OEM system or remove the hard thanks to replace for larger system.

My question is :

1 - Did the Fly High Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac dimension 50 x 24 x 24 will dit OVER my hars thank into my rear locker or i will have to remove my hard tank ?

2 - Whats the best option to remove that tank and go with that option or simply plumb over the Regular System for Malibu the Research system dimension 16 x 16 x 42 ... ?

3- I want to have something that i will not have to move or fill manually everything or ANYTHING when we want to switch side ...... and i want a monster wave is that possible, and if yes how ?

I am waiting for your suggestions and thanks a lot

Max

1 - Did the Fly High Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac dimension 50 x 24 x 24 will dit OVER my hars thank into my rear locker or i will have to remove my hard tank ?

WTF?

I You have tanks that are under you floor boards right? Leave those alone and add the piggy back system.

WTF?

I You have tanks that are under you floor boards right? Leave those alone and add the piggy back system.

Hummm ok yes again i am looking for the BEST option and i heard that the piggy system drain slow as hell ?

WTF was necessary here ? its not like my question was : hey i am looking to put gas in my boat put should I ?

thanks for your answer and i am open to all other good suggestions as well.

Edited by radikal

Adding weight to the rear alone doesn't improve the wake. These boats love/need weight up front if anything. I assume this is for wakeboarding? If your running the stock 1,250lbs + the wedge you should be getting plenty of air off of that. For surfing I run a 750lbs in the rear but it doesn't fill 100%. You can just plumb two pumps through the hull and add bags but this will make the wave very vertical, something that can be done if you have the power wedge. I wouldn't remove the hard tanks, just too much work and imho not necessary.

Just a guess, but maybe WTF is because he's trying to figure out what language your speakin there.

I have no clue what "will dit OVER my hars thank" means.

French is my main language so sorry about that ... but it was : will dit it over my hard tank.

Adding weight to the rear alone doesn't improve the wake. These boats love/need weight up front if anything. I assume this is for wakeboarding? If your running the stock 1,250lbs + the wedge you should be getting plenty of air off of that. For surfing I run a 750lbs in the rear but it doesn't fill 100%. You can just plumb two pumps through the hull and add bags but this will make the wave very vertical, something that can be done if you have the power wedge. I wouldn't remove the hard tanks, just too much work and imho not necessary.

Ok thanks a lot if you are assuming that putting a 750 plumbed over with an extra pump switched seperatly is the best i will check this option as well ....... does it worth it really or the piggy bank should do the same thing ?

This setup is for surfing only, because the stock ballast fits me good for wakeboarding.

Agreed. Need front weight

I run all stock full plus 2 750 s in rear hatches.1000 in front filled to about 700 and 400 in middle walk way

Money

Agreed. Need front weight

I run all stock full plus 2 750 s in rear hatches.1000 in front filled to about 700 and 400 in middle walk way

Money

for boarding?????? wholly crap is there oxygen up there? u must fly

for boarding?????? wholly crap is there oxygen up there? u must fly

prop 1237 and 1235

it helps a lot and enables you to run long rope length at faster speeds

to be honest this is a modest setup

I've seen some crazy ballast setups

I still learn and practice on the stock setup then fill her up ( deleting old habits )

I have to confuss riding with this ballast setup i got some bad habits ( edging, etc.) since you can cheat a little

she is still a kick in the pants

It's fun to watch people jump it for the first time :crazy:

prop 1237 and 1235

it helps a lot and enables you to run long rope length at faster speeds

to be honest this is a modest setup

I've seen some crazy ballast setups

I still learn and practice on the stock setup then fill her up ( deleting old habits )

I have to confuss riding with this ballast setup i got some bad habits ( edging, etc.) since you can cheat a little

she is still a kick in the pants

It's fun to watch people jump it for the first time :crazy:

I have 750's in the rears, 500 belly, 600 in bow and wedge and I am past the age where i will hit that wake when fully loaded....like climbing a small mountain.

I spend most of the time boarding with 1/4 in the rears, the belly and bow full......

I'm running the same setup... it rocks, but I'm hoping to pick up the OJ 468 prop so I can run a little more. I've got the quad MLS, 750s in the rear, integrated bow sack up front (never totally full), and a 400 in the aisle way. I use the wedge depending on who is driving and if there are many people in the boat...it's not always worth it. It's like hitting double ups on every cut!!!!