Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Brand New Titan III Towers

ecadwell

And they're in my garage... ;)

image_url-14611-1302416737.jpg

As well as some brand new mounting kits... ;)

image_url-14611-1302416760.jpg

I happened across these towers being sold as a lot from a shop where they have been gathering dust for the past few years. How could I say no??? :) Conincidentally, they also had 3 brand new mounting kits! The black one that you see is used with some scratches on it, which will be going on my boat (which is also used with some scratches). The other 2 are brand new ones that will be going on other lucky people's boats. I talked with Brett at StarOne and here are the details:

• One tower is black, the other is polished stainless
  • The measurements for both are the same
  • Rear 84.25" (according to the sticker)
  • Front 71.5" (according to my tape measure, since the sticker has been rubbed off)
  • Front-to-Rear Spread 78" (like all Titan towers)
  • They all have the newer-style connections between the front and rear pieces.
  • The polished one is pre-wired for two speakers and a light. The black one has no wiring harness that I know of, but I only unwrapped the 1 corner where the harness would exit through a grommet.
  • The 2 new towers also have the metal cross-pieces still bolted onto them for stability during shipping.

Basically, these things are still unopened from Titan. I don't want to unwrap them at this point, so that a future buyer gets to receive them exactly as they came from the factory. I have spoken to StarOne, who confirmed that they do wrap them this way, with carpet pieces around them, for transport. They have been most helpful. They were also helpful in tracking down one missing part for the used tower! If a buyer wants, I can unwrap to confirm that they are still in 10/10 condition, since they've been sitting for a few years since production.

If you want to know if they would fit your boat, then call up StarOne and ask.

So... if you've been wanting a brand new Titan III for your boat, I'll be offering them to the Crew here first.

Looking forward to getting three more Titan IIIs on the water!! :thumbup:

Edited by ecadwell

pm sent

Got your PM. For those interested, you can call StarOne and they will be able to tell you if these fit your boat and/or if some bending is required. StarOne told me that you can bend them a few inches either direction using ratchet straps, but not TOO far. They also said that if it needs to be modified more than a few inches, you can send it to them and they will "torture" it to the correct dimensions for $400. More details forthcoming as I get them.

Thanks for the PMs. All the details on the towers have been worked out and I edited the first post in this thread to reflect the information that I determined by talking with Brett. I may not have to post a classified ad after all, so I'll hold off for now to give the interested parties a chance. If the deals don't go through then a classified ad will be the next step. I didn't mean for this thread to turn into an impromptu classified - I was excited to show my new tower! Really looking forward to getting my TIII installed! :)

Tell that to the mother in law. she's stressing about everything.

I've told her until she gets out her checkbook she better just shut her mouth around me.

Tell that to the mother in law. she's stressing about everything.

I've told her until she gets out her checkbook she better just shut her mouth around me.

Now those are REALLY overrated. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

Remember, if momma ain't happy, no one's happy and by momma, I mean your future bride.

Good luck and hang in there. :Frustrated:

• 1 month later...

Any left...preferrably powdercoated black? I am very interested. I'm looking to put one on my 2002 Sunsetter Lxi.

You should PM Eric (ecadwell), he's up in the OP.

He had three; he kept one, we bought the black one, and he had a polished one but I'm uncertain if he still has it.

Good luck.

m-

He has sold that one also..... I am going to keep on the hunt for any Dealers that might have one sitting around that I might be able to get my hands on..

Any left...preferrably powdercoated black? I am very interested. I'm looking to put one on my 2002 Sunsetter Lxi.

Yeah, sorry - they both went pretty quickly.

I wish you luck! Keep in contact with Brett at StarOne Wake. He seems to come across them periodically. And since they're the ones that made them, they'll have all the info and support that you need.

Eric

Darn!! I caught this post too late!! I REALLY want a Titan III tower as well!! The website makes it look like they can still be ordered. So they can't be? I was just doing some research tonight, and came across the number and was going to call tomorrow. I'm guessing you guys already did this?

http://malibu.titanwake.com/

If not, what do you think about Aerial? Any opinions? Their K2 tower looks a lot like the Titan 3. I will search this site for more opinions.

So, I found a Titan III. Should I go Black or Polished for my boat? I already have polished accessories, but it might look pretty cool black with polished accessories.

<-----------------------------------

martinarcher

So, I found a Titan III. Should I go Black or Polished for my boat? I already have polished accessories, but it might look pretty cool black with polished accessories.

<-----------------------------------

Go polished - especially if the rest of the boat is polished. You'll never have to worry about powder coat chipping. Polished stainless is maintenance free. It never rusts and always looks awesome.

• 3 months later...

I know I'm late, but I did get my tower mounted up to the boat this summer, but I've been too busy using it! Also added racks and mirror from StarOne, and some Alpha 2 speakers. Also finished re-painting the windshield and tinted with 42%. I wanted to go dark enough that you could see that it was tinted, but very subtle. I like it :)

image_url-14611-1315502208.jpg

image_url-14611-1315502185.jpg

image_url-14611-1315502228.jpg

image_url-14611-1315502248.jpg

I have one more S-3 at the shop now with about 20 or so people waiting to pull the trigger on it.. If anyone is still looking for one the time is now, Hurry before its gone...

I have one more S-3 at the shop now with about 20 or so people waiting to pull the trigger on it.. If anyone is still looking for one the time is now, Hurry before its gone...

Pics sent. Thanks for all the goodies Brett! I know what you mean about people wanting the tower. I could've sold several more to people that were sorely disappointed that the ones I had sold so quickly. At least I got one for my own boat!