Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2002 Sunsetter - Titan tower question

dtm8119

The Series III tower is custom built to each boat it is made for. Depending on what boat it came off of it could fit. if your Sunsetter LXI is between a '00-'04 your boat dimensions are:

FT 69.5 RR 80.25 FT/RR 78

The Series III tower is custom built to each boat it is made for. Depending on what boat it came off of it could fit. if your Sunsetter LXI is between a '00-'04 your boat dimensions are:

FT 69.5 RR 80.25 FT/RR 78

Thanks for the dimensions!

A Titan III would be an excellent choice if you can get your hands on one, you might try the guys at staronewake.com. Also, I have a Titan III and I don't think they're customized for a specific boat.

A Titan III would be an excellent choice if you can get your hands on one, you might try the guys at staronewake.com. Also, I have a Titan III and I don't think they're customized for a specific boat.

They are not retrofitable (one size fits all) if thats what you mean.

Titan made them for the specific boat / measurements so if your trying to find one it needs to be pretty specific to fit a Sunsetter LXI since there is no other boat in the Malibu line up thats the same size.

-Paul

They are not retrofitable (one size fits all) if thats what you mean.

Titan made them for the specific boat / measurements so if your trying to find one it needs to be pretty specific to fit a Sunsetter LXI since there is no other boat in the Malibu line up thats the same size.

-Paul

Ok, I see what you're saying. Titan made them to fit each model but they're not necessarily customized for every single boat....? With that said I've heard of people using ratchet straps to move the legs and mounting points several inches. I've had mine off and know there's alot of play in the legs. The OP's biggest challenge is to just find one, I think he could make most of them work, except for Martinarcher's :biggrin:

We have been pushing hard to rerelease something very similar to the Series 3, so hopefully all of you that want the Series 3 will not have to worry about buying one used and having to go through the headache of trying to get the to fit. We will just build you one to the measurements and specs of your boat! :thumbup:

Edited by StarOneWake

last i herd you were having trouble with the series 3( tooling/suppliers)? Give us the lowdown is it realy coming? When? How much? pictures?

I will let you all know details as soon as I get them. I am just as inpatient as everyone else, I will have details as soon as the end of next week!

I actually just picked up 2 brand new Titan IIIs from a dealer that had them in storage for the past 3 years and was getting rid of them and 1 used Titan III. I just bought them all since I had my truck with me and he wanted to unload them. The 2 are still packaged from the factory with the wrapping and metal bracing on the bottom for shipping. I also have 3 brand new mounting kits, unopened. I was planning on selling the 2 brand new ones with the mounting kits to help pay for me to keep the used one :). More details as I have time to get some pictures, measurements, etc. Maybe this weekend. They are all the same size, and the used one came off of a 2005 VLX with a 98" beam. I called StarOne, who confirmed that the top deck on my 96 Sunsetter (which has a 93" beam) is within 1" width-wise of the VLX, so it will fit mine without modification. It must be that the newer boats curve in more at the top. However, you can call them and ask if it will fit yours as well. They also said that you can indeed do some bending of the legs either direction with ratchet straps, but not too far. If it needs more adjustment than that, they will do it for $400 for you.

At any rate, one of the brand new towers is polished stainless and one is black. They all have the newer-style connectors between the front and back portions. the new mounting kits have all the parts you need to mount. Pretty freaking sweet towers. Let me know if you're interested in one of them.

More info later as I get a chance.

Edited by ecadwell