Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HDS box leak

If the HDS box leaks is there a crack or separation that you can actually see when the lid is off ? I am trying to find the leak in my 98 sportser and i took the lid off the box and there doesnt appear to be a crack or any separation in the layer of the hull. thanks for any info

Best way to find it is to completely dry the box out and then fill the bilge with water. You should be able to see the water seeping in.

Also, look for stress cracks in the gelcoat in front of the rudder. If they are there and your boat has a serious stealth leak=HDS.

Edited by eyepeeler
  • 1 year later...

Im planning on attempting this repair this weekend on my '97 response, I have an abnormal amount of water getting into my engine bay and I believe this is the culprit. What materials did you use and where did you get them?

Thanks for any help

Edited by mkoranki

Hey just curious....how much water are you guys talking about...that comes into the boat with the HDS leak? Is it only when underway or all the time? Enough to make the bilge run frequently?