Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who recently placed a new factory order...?

IXFE

I'm curious... if I place an order for a new Malibu, how long will it take to arrive? Is the factory really backed up? Or would they be able to fill it in a reasonable amount of time? I would be hoping for anytime before Memorial Day.

If you have recently ordered a boat... what are you hearing on timing??

Thanks!

Not sure what backlog looks like now but it seems like they got crushed with orders at end of year into beginning of 2011 with promo and all the boat shows. They even started 2nd shift to try and catch up. Your dealer should be able to give you decent sense. Im guessing its a bit better now.

I'm curious... if I place an order for a new Malibu, how long will it take to arrive? Is the factory really backed up? Or would they be able to fill it in a reasonable amount of time? I would be hoping for anytime before Memorial Day.

If you have recently ordered a boat... what are you hearing on timing??

Thanks!

I signed my paperwork for my order March 7th and was given a spray date at the end of April and a delivery date of mid May. This was with my dealer getting a "favor" from the rep as it sounded like the earliest available spray dates at the time were end of May early June with a mid June delivery. I'd be suprised if you could order now and get a boat before mid-June, but I'm also not a dealer. I'd think your best chance would be if your dealer has a spray date for a boat they were intending to inventory and if they'd be willing to let you customize that boat. I've also heard Malibu pulled some spray dates from dealers who weren't using them to inventory boats because things were so busy at the plant. In addition to all this, my dealer emailed me last week mentioning Malibu having some supply problems on the line. I haven't heard yet how it's going to affect my boat, hopefully it's not because of Japan and not too bad. If you really want a boat by Memorial Day it will be a longshot, but definitely don't waste any time.

Some dealers will slot some spray dates for boats they will order for the showroom or for expected sales (or at least they used to before the economy fell apart), so you may want to check with the dealer. They may be able to substitute your boat for a slot they have.

On a side note, I heard from a couple of Mastercraft buddies that all their 2011 builds are full, they are sold out for the year. Haven't tried to verify it at all, so I can't say if it's true or not.

Some dealers will slot some spray dates for boats they will order for the showroom or for expected sales (or at least they used to before the economy fell apart), so you may want to check with the dealer. They may be able to substitute your boat for a slot they have.

On a side note, I heard from a couple of Mastercraft buddies that all their 2011 builds are full, they are sold out for the year. Haven't tried to verify it at all, so I can't say if it's true or not.

I heard the same thing from the Mastercraft dealer about a week ago.

I placed my order at end the January, and recieved the boat at the end of March. After seeing the process take place, it sounds like dealers pre-order slots, assuming they are going to sell a certain number of boats. I know when I ordered my VLX my dealer said he had a spra date scheduled for the first week of April. Once the spray date took place, it was about a week to build the boat, and another week of final prep/water test.

I would say 8-10 weeks would be a reasonable estimate.

I placed my order at end the January, and recieved the boat at the end of March. After seeing the process take place, it sounds like dealers pre-order slots, assuming they are going to sell a certain number of boats. I know when I ordered my VLX my dealer said he had a spra date scheduled for the first week of March. Once the spray date took place, it was about a week to build the boat, and another week of final prep/water test.

I would say 8-10 weeks would be a reasonable estimate.

Edited by Fman

I was by my dealer yesterday and he said they recieved word from the Malibu factory Wednesday this week that 2011 VLX and LSV are done for the year and no more could be ordered.