Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter ballast project.

Chia

Thanks for the tip. I managed to snipe 2 pumps for less than the cost of one.

However I cannot find the Valterra electric valves anywhere. Contacted the manufacturer and was told they have not been in production for a couple of years.

Has anyone used electric irrigation valves for their ballast system and/or does anyone know about this type of valve and whether they would work or not?

I've tried it in the past & while I could get it to work, I found them to be extremely restrictive - not worth putting in IMO. Take a look at this Wakeworld thread:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/49129.html

There's a guy in there by the name of Craig that used some valves from Flow-rite that are supposed to work pretty well. They're not automatic - from what I understand they work off of a cable & lever system, but have very little (if any) restriction. Anyway, that thread may give you some ideas.

thanks, it was looking good for awhile. The cable lever system actually looks pretty good, however I am really looking for something bigger than the 3/4" valves that are available from flow-rite.

Hayward has some up to 1" that will operate with 12vdc, but at $354., I will have to re-evaluate how many valves I really need.

Did you call them?  I can't remember if it was that thread or another, but Craig said at one point that they have a lot more products that they don't list on their site.  Might be worth the call if you haven't already done so.

Just got off the phone with them. 3/4 inch is the biggest they have.

I also just got an email response from US Plastics, they do have a 1.5" valve (p/n 20611) that is available in 12vdc (the site is all 120vac) for $229.52. I have done a lot of looking and do not think I can find anything cheaper and it looks like a great valve. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.a...duct%5Fid=18668