Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2011 boat at the dealer question

GRGKng

We have almost the same, although its starting to melt here in MN... But I figured Ill hit the lake up in texas when I bring my boat to big jay.

Got word back from their rep, that due to the LSA engine, the fuel vent cannot be moved, and that it also has a filter or something, that doesnt allow water to get into the engine, but allows the fumes to vent.. Hope this is true, planning a trip from MN - TX for Big Jay to install one of his ballast systems..

WOW that's a long haul for a ballast system!

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe you should fly up Jay and all his gear. It would be a lot less wear and tear on the boat and trailer!

Edited by Malibuzer

Here's an Idea. Order the boat you wanted, And use the the one you got till the new one arrives, I know my dealer has demo boats that they use and still sell as new...

I was thinking the exact same thing. If they don't make some sort of concession for selling something they could not deliver then tell them you will walk and buy a Nautique or Master Craft. I doubt they have "slots" left now and even if they did good luck on taking delivery before August. 1/2 off the motor upgrade sounds good to me, or an extended warranty to cover the motor should the engine fail due to the water intrusion.

Good luck!

-J

LOL, i thought I misread, but then i saw your edit. I offered to fly him up, but he said he was too busy, so I guess the only way to do it is for me to go there..

And there is nobody else around that can do one? You'll pull your boat across the US for a ballast install?

Shoot... buy the gear and a plane ticket and I will help with installs for the right trip. Australia?! :lol:

Malibu is never going to do mods like that, and I don't think we should exspect them to either, exspecially something like that that has a lot of function and regulation behind it. 2010+ boats have a charcoal filter on the vent to lessen emmisions from fuel venting, and also acts as a water/air seperator so not only is it harder to change, its EPA regulated when emissions get involved.

How do you exspect to keep the hose at a a similar dead rise so it functions properly mounting all the way up by the driver? Wrong slope or any sags in the line where fuel can gather, you have a whole another problem you just created because the tank can't vent properly.

Switching sides in my opinion no problem, changing something that is Coast Gaurd and EPA regulated to something different. The boat owner would be on their own. So be bonest i'm not surprised at all that Malibu or the dealer won't move the vent where you want it.

-Paul

How would I tell if my 247 is the wake hull?

Thanks.

check out the resources/diy section :yahoo:

Where are you at in MN? I am down in Winona, no ice but the river is so high I can't get the bu in :cry:

Edited by barefootpaul

check out the resources/diy section :yahoo:

Where are you at in MN? I am down in Winona, no ice but the river is so high I can't get the bu in :cry:

Im at White bear lake, hoping the water comes up a little bit... haha