Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Response LX

footndale

Very nice Bu. Your face will be sore from ear to ear grinning when you drive it!

Very nice boat :thumbup: If it is your first boat you are going to have a great time on it this year! With memories that you will take with you for life....

To be honest, It is my club's boat but I'm one of the few drivers and the equipment director. Took it out yesterday to start to break it in. Very nice ride as always. The last boat was a 2008 response lx and like the nice upgrades that Malibu made on the trailer and some of the trim. Newest feature on this new boat is the heater. My wife who spots most of the time is really liking it. Especially in May when the temps are not quite up there.

Next week it goes in to get a vinyl protective coating on the outside and then it's time to spend some break in hours on it. Can't wait to barefoot behind it.

It will be for sale in August, with about 100 hours.

Nice colors, when did they lost the bow rails? Or did you order it that way?

Just realized that and explains the handles on the inside. :)

For the season, the back and front seats are put in storage. It will be nice to not have the rails.

• 2 months later...

Nice colors, when did they lost the bow rails? Or did you order it that way?

No more bow rails due to that Supra lawsuit a couple of years ago. Liability issue.

In the spirit of keeping the thread going:

We drive by there all the time going from Wausau to Milwaukee and other various soccer or hockey trips. I always wondered how far down river you could go from the bridge on 10. Can you make it all the way to Poygan in an inboard? Looks like a great place for a weekend to put in at Fremont and explore south. Have to watch the wind on those big lakes if they are accessable I would bet.

May have to get our own WOW going somewhere like that.

Anyway, great boat and looks like it will be a good deal for someone soon!

In the spirit of keeping the thread going:

We drive by there all the time going from Wausau to Milwaukee and other various soccer or hockey trips. I always wondered how far down river you could go from the bridge on 10. Can you make it all the way to Poygan in an inboard? Looks like a great place for a weekend to put in at Fremont and explore south. Have to watch the wind on those big lakes if they are accessable I would bet.

May have to get our own WOW going somewhere like that.

Anyway, great boat and looks like it will be a good deal for someone soon!

River is wide open to Poygan. There are some pretty big boats that come up the river. Partridge lake in Fremont is big hang out at the rock pile. The water is 2-3' deep and hundreds of boats park there on a weekend.

On the weekends there are spots that are slow no wake but during the week you are good to go. If you are a barefooter, there is stretch towards Poygan with no seawall and is great.

Stop by on a Wed or Sunday night and watch the Webfooters perform a ski show. Except right now, because the water is too high. Hopefully by Wed we can perform again.

Dwight

No more bow rails due to that Supra lawsuit a couple of years ago.

I've thought about taking the bow rails off of my Sporty for several years. Now that I've seen the bow area without them I really want to get rid of them. Looks great. :thumbup: