Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New graphics for the old boat

Well, I finally made up my mind on mine and it should be done pretty soon. I will post pics when its done.

Going to tell us what you went with or is it a surprise?

Well for the rear, I went the 06 (see the last pic of my first post). For the main side graphic I'm getting the 05 silver like the second pic of my first post except without the black malibu in the center. I'm getting the silver drip-mold 06 malibu put where the rear side graphic was and matching silver domed numbers for registration decals. They are actually making them identical to the 06 silver drip-molds with the cross-hatch type pattern on them.

• 2 months later...

Update for everyone:

I finally got a chance to take some pics of the new graphics I got. I'm really happy with the way they turned out and I really like the new look. Here are some pics that I took this afternoon.

New%20Graphics%204-23-06%20001.jpg

New%20Graphics%204-23-06%20004.jpg

New%20Graphics%204-23-06%20006.jpg

New%20Graphics%204-23-06%20008.jpg

man, tough choice. I look at one and think that is the one. then I look at another and it looks good too.

I don't think you will be disapointed with whatever your decision is.

The only thing I would say is that the newer graphics make you boat seem newer, if that is important to you.

I know what you mean. The point about the newer graphics is the main reason I'm leaning that direction. With the 06 rear graphic, the plain drip mold on the side may seem out of place. I'm still not completely decided but right now I am leaning more towards the newer ones.

Hey Josh - thanks for the post. I just bought a '98 Sunsetter VLX and am wanting to change the graphics, so you've done a lot of my homework for me. Cool - thanks! If you do anymore fancy work with Photoshop showing various decals on your boat, can you post them here for my viewing? My boat is maroon and cream, so I think whatever color of graphic you decide on will look good on my as well. Where do you purchase the decals (directly from Malibu or from a dealer)? I'm still trying to decide on a tower for my boat, so just wondering what is the tower that you have on yours. It looks good.

Hey Josh - thanks for the post. I just bought a '98 Sunsetter VLX and am wanting to change the graphics, so you've done a lot of my homework for me. Cool - thanks! If you do anymore fancy work with Photoshop showing various decals on your boat, can you post them here for my viewing? My boat is maroon and cream, so I think whatever color of graphic you decide on will look good on my as well. Where do you purchase the decals (directly from Malibu or from a dealer)? I'm still trying to decide on a tower for my boat, so just wondering what is the tower that you have on yours. It looks good.

No problem. I ordered the decals through the local dealer and I'm pretty sure that's the only place to get them. The tower is a Titan I and it is rock solid. It never makes a sound even in rough water and doesn't move at all. I think I posted most of the photoshop pics I had on here but I'll look when I get home to see if there are any more.

Josh - that looks great! It's kind of funny, I just put those same decals on my Green '99 VLX yesterday. I'll take some pics tonight when I go to pull the top layer off.

Kraig

Here is another pic from yesterday on the water.

4-24-06%20lake%20pics%20004.jpg

Boat looks great Josh. I think I'll add the same graphics to mine. Thanks for posting all the pics. I noticed that you ordered your tag reg. number to match the Malibu decals. Did your local Malibu dealer make those for you or did you have to get them from a decal company?

Here is another pic from yesterday on the water.

4-24-06%20lake%20pics%20004.jpg

Boat looks great Josh. I think I'll add the same graphics to mine. Thanks for posting all the pics. I noticed that you ordered your tag reg. number to match the Malibu decals. Did your local Malibu dealer make those for you or did you have to get them from a decal company?

http://www.domednumbers.com/

you can also get a discount here

Edited by RiverRunner

Thanks for the comments. The registration numbers actually came from domednumbers to match the factory 06 decals. I ordered through the dealer but I believe that some other people on the site ordered them that way directly from domednumbers. They are drip mold decals and look very good.

Edit: Looks like RiverRunner beat me to it.

Edited by josh_tn