Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Modifying 3 vent OEM heater

Fman

Heat is a must for us (we use it all year long)... if you really want everyone to be happy add a second heater.. it's an easy project you can tackle (easier than you think.) You can also make the 3 port heater into a 4 port heater... heatercraft makes a 4 port housing for the same core that's in the 3 port.. do you just pull the heater and swap the housing... add a 4th heater tube. If you do that + a two port in back you end up with plenty of heat for everyone in the boat:).

Here's what I did in my LXI, I'd guess in a VLX it would leave enough room for your subs and whatnot, I had a basslink tucked behind there too.

DSC00197.JPG

A Cinchmax quick release?? :rockon:

anyone know which heater comes from the factory. My 08 VLX has on extended tube in the walkway and at least one fixed tube under the drivers seat but I cannot remember if there is a second one under the drivers seat??

Edited by BlitzedVLX

A Cinchmax quick release?? :rockon:

Of course, picked one up when I was learning inverts - then I sold my boat so it hasn't been used for over a year.

anyone know which heater comes from the factory. My 08 VLX has on extended tube in the walkway and at least one fixed tube under the drivers seat but I cannot remember if there is a second one under the drivers seat??

The factory sells both 2 and 3 outlet heaters so you'll have to check.