Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Wakeboard Tower

Hammertime

I need some help. We just purchased a 2003 23 LSV Sunscape which doesn't have a tower. The reason we bought this particular boat was that it was always stored inside, original owner and looks like it's brand new (140+ hours). The kids love to board, so I need to put a tower on it. Any recomendations along with why you like a particular tower would be greatly appreciated. BTW, we're looking for one that can fold down.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Edited by Hammertime

I had a custom New Dimension tower installed aftermarket on my last boat, I took it to their shop in TN, ...a little pricey but highly reccomended... very high quality...and he can make it to fold flat, different designs, options, just about anything you may want in addition to the custom fit...

IMHO its hard to get a sturdy tower that doesnt shake and move thats an aftermarket universal fit...some folks get it done right, many many do not... if you get into a custom exact fit specific to your Malibu you will liklely have a much better product...less chance of stress and spider cracks in the gel coat and fiberglass, and likely better form----in that the tower will follow the lines of the windshield, not look aftermarket, so your views and perifery is unobstructed as much as possible...all the while looking slick...

New Dimension Wake Towers

martinarcher

Star One Wake tower can't be beat in my opinion. A lot of guys on the crew swear by them. They use heim joints which don;t transfer the twisting stresses from the rider into your boat which can crack the gel coat. They also are custom made by Star One (menace) for your boat out of stainless steel - not aluminum. They are rock solid and won't fold or rattle like universal towers.

My link

Post up some pics of the new boat. I'd love to see it. Sounds like you found a cherry of a Bu!

Edited by martinarcher

Starone (formerly) Titan is certainly the best tower in terms of strength and durability. But Malibu did their home work and the G3 is vastly better than the Metcraft tower ever was, at this point I don't think they sell it separately but it's worth asking about. Congrats on the new ride!

Starone (formerly) Titan is certainly the best tower in terms of strength and durability. But Malibu did their home work and the G3 is vastly better than the Metcraft tower ever was, at this point I don't think they sell it separately but it's worth asking about. Congrats on the new ride!

Thanks Dude, appreciate the info.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks Dude, appreciate the info.

I'll see what I can come up with.

I've only found a Star One FX-1 and haven't had much luck so far tracking down a G3.

I have found a brand new Malubu first generation Illusion tower, but it won't fit our boat.

I didn't even bother measuring the width after I saw how wide those bases were.

Thanks again for the help guys, back to the search.

Mike

Mike,

I have the same boat and it also came without a tower. So I looked around at everything -- including the G3 and Illusion, which I were obtainable but way too expensive. Ultimately the best tower I could find for that boat was the Titan III, which they don't make anymore but you can still find. I picked up a demo version from a dealer in Colorado for $800 shipped to Calif. Otherwise -- call Star One /Menace and see what they can do for you. They might still have a T3 or I know they planned to make a similar tower. I'm very impressed with the way the T3 is made. Shoot me a PM if you want a pic. Good luck and nice boat!

I've only found a Star One FX-1 and haven't had much luck so far tracking down a G3.

I have found a brand new Malubu first generation Illusion tower, but it won't fit our boat.

I didn't even bother measuring the width after I saw how wide those bases were.

Thanks again for the help guys, back to the search.

Mike

I wouldn't recommend the illusion tower...first it wasn't the best tower and secondly the company went under so parts are difficult to find. Titan would be a great choice, but the G3 is also good but much more expensive. Though you'll need to check w/ a dealer to see if you can even order this tower w/o a boat purchase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...r#ht_3703wt_948

This has been there for a while I would offer him $600.

Scott

Just fyi in the dudes add he states it's an aluminum tower...when actually it's stainless steel.

I wouldn't recommend the illusion tower...first it wasn't the best tower and secondly the company went under so parts are difficult to find. Titan would be a great choice, but the G3 is also good but much more expensive. Though you'll need to check w/ a dealer to see if you can even order this tower w/o a boat purchase.

Just fyi in the dudes add he states it's an aluminum tower...when actually it's stainless steel.

Thanks. I've heard the same thing about the Illusion, just throwing it out there. i saw the add on Ebay, but I don't beleve this one will fit as the beam on our boat is 96/97" and this one is something like 75" wide... or am I missing something?

Appreciate the help.

Edited by Hammertime

Thanks. I've heard the same thing about the Illusion, just throwing it out there. i saw the add on Ebay, but I don't beleve this one will fit as the beam on our boat is 96/97" and this one is something like 75" wide... or am I missing something?

Appreciate the help.

Mike, have you checked with Darry Moore Marine.

You could also check with Tom at Texas Boat Stereo, he does good work, but just a heads up as some people have had issues with the length of time on completing projects. I would check with him as does the full spectrum of accessories in addition to his nitche which is stereo upgrades. All of his work is quality from what I have seen, just takes a bit longer than promised upon occaision.

Edited by JDubya

Mike, have you checked with Darry Moore Marine.

You could also check with Tom at Texas Boat Stereo, he does good work, but just a heads up as some people have had issues with the length of time on completing projects. I would check with him as does the full spectrum of accessories in addition to his nitche which is stereo upgrades. All of his work is quality from what I have seen, just takes a bit longer than promised upon occaision.

I spoke with Johnny over at DMM. I'll follow up with Tom, thanks for the lead.

My plans are to buy a tower and install it myself. Got skills, tools and talented friends with skills, should be interresting. :crazy:

Mike

Appreciate the help.

I saw those measurements too. A 75" wide tower would have to be custom built for like a early 90s MC Prostar 190 (80" beam).

Might still be worth a phone call to see if they got it right. Or maybe it is right & thats why the ad has been there so long.

I saw those measurements too. A 75" wide tower would have to be custom built for like a early 90s MC Prostar 190 (80" beam).

Might still be worth a phone call to see if they got it right. Or maybe it is right & thats why the ad has been there so long.

Valid point, will do.

Dimensions on that ad have not changed in over a year. Meanwhile the price has gone up $200.00 and still no mounting hardware.

If I did a top mount on my Echelon, it would be close to fitting. The way the nose of the boat tapers at the middle of the windshield puts the front leg mounts pretty close together. I don't care for how far back the rear legs on the Series 2 towers sit, it would really affect short line slalom. Not for me, of course, but guests.... :whistle:

This doesn't look like a bad deal when you consider all that's included:

http://stockton.craigslist.org/boa/2303408175.html

dunno if it'd stretch to your 97" beam tho.

Wow, looks like someone is selling everything off their boat that is about to be repossessed. :crazy:

Note that the ad says it's a Titan II, but it is definitely a III.

05 Response has like a 94" beam. Maybe Matt will jump in here & let us know what it takes to stretch a Titan III 3". :rockon:

Seems like it would be possible. But I suppose it might effect things up top if you stretch it too much.

Here is the spread for the Series 3 for the 2003 LSV. Front 69.5", Rear 79", Front/Rear 78". We have done a changed of about 10".

Thanks for the info, I'll give you a call.

Mike

Note that the ad says it's a Titan II, but it is definitely a III.

05 Response has like a 94" beam. Maybe Matt will jump in here & let us know what it takes to stretch a Titan III 3". :rockon:

Seems like it would be possible. But I suppose it might effect things up top if you stretch it too much.

Hey Guys we TOTALLY appreciate your help reping us here at Star One but we REALLY need your help in getting STAR ONE on everyones mind. STar One makes the series 1 and series 2 tower (we are currently in design for a new tower as well and updates will be posted as soon as we have them). Its confusing a lot of people who may be new to the industry when so many names get thrown around all for one company. thanks again for all your help and we love you as much as you love us!!!!!

:werule:

:thumbup:

Edited by wakenymph

In my not-so-humble opinion, part of the problem lies in the name. Star One just isn't conducive ... "Hey, look at that Star One". Huh?

Samson, Aerial, Titan, G3, Monster, Skylon, Xtreme, Illusion, etc etc etc..... You need to brand it with a single name.

Peter :)

In my not-so-humble opinion, part of the problem lies in the name. Star One just isn't conducive ... "Hey, look at that Star One". Huh?

Samson, Aerial, Titan, G3, Monster, Skylon, Xtreme, Illusion, etc etc etc..... You need to brand it with a single name.

Peter :)

We dont follow the crowd well

besides we are just to awesome for a short one word name :innocent:

I feel like I'm responding to every thread here, so I'll quit after this one and just post my own thread this weekend. I have 2 brand new Titan III towers with brand new mounting kits that can fit a 2005 VLX. StarOne will know if they fit yours. Let me know if you're interested. I don't have all of the measurements and info, as I just unloaded them in my garage 2 days ago and haven't had time, but I'll get everything sorted out soon and get them posted for sale. Both are still wrapped from the factory, as are the mounting kits. They have the newer style connectors between the front and rear pieces. One of the brand new towers is polished stainless and the other is black.