Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hot Sauce

Does anyone know if you could use Hot sauce on a car. We have a black Cadillac Escalade and it sure is a pain to keep clean, especially the water spots.

Edited by malibu7

To be honest.

It works better on the boat mostly for water spots.

I have used it on my truck after washing but, actually prefer a product from a car detailers line of products by P+S.

martinarcher

Sure smells like vinegar to me. Vinegar removes wax. I'm sure it contains some sort of wax as well, but I like to keep the wax on my boat and use an Absorber to remove water spots.

Is that a really good product overall? I just ordered some for the bu - Do people that have used it really like it??

Thanks!

Yes, I have been using it for some time. I really like it. Works better than all other products I have tried thus far. Might smell like vinegar, but it doesn't contain it.

Where are you at in Portland? I'm in P-Town, too.

I'm a newbie so forgive me, but I have to ask. What's the deal with the hot sauce comments? Is that a brand name of some cleaning product, or really hot sauce?

On group buys, prices, codes and vendors are not passed out or around in the open forum area's. Once the GB is over it's over and that price is no longer good or shared. This is to protect all interested parties.

Does anyone know if you could use Hot sauce on a car. We have a black Cadillac Escalade and it sure is a pain to keep clean, especially the water spots.

Absolutely. This product is outstanding at a quick detailer for your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, etc. Our entire product line can be used on any boat, car, truck, etc. I would say that over 50% of our customers use the products on their vehicles as well. While we don't advertise this resource, many of our customers even use it on their glass shower door in their home. In the heat of the desert, I wash my lifted truck at a local 'wash your own vehicle' center then go home and Hot Sauce my truck in 5 minutes, removing all of the hard water spots and applying the sealant. Works great and very simple.

Sure smells like vinegar to me. Vinegar removes wax. I'm sure it contains some sort of wax as well, but I like to keep the wax on my boat and use an Absorber to remove water spots.

Our HOT SAUCE does not have any vinegar. With that said, vinegar is made up on many acids. Acetic Acid is one of them and our Hot Sauce utilizes a highly refined specialty type of Acetic Acid. This makes up less than 3% of the entire formula. This product took years to develop and our development team has over 60 years combined experience blending products, many of which you may use and see under other brand names such as Mequiars. The Acetic Acid is required to actually cut and remove the water spots. The biggest key to this product, which was the single biggest issue to solve, how to make a wax/sealant work with an Acedic Acid in the same bottle. Simple answer - Carnuba is not the answer. Any carnuba based wax is attacked immediately by the Acedic Acid, even just a mild amount like the Hot Sauce has. Liquid waxes poored in with Vinegar and Water will also been immediately attacked. Our approach was vastly different - what 'will live' within the same bottle. Synthetic waxes - such as Polymer and Silicon waxes can survive in the same bottle. We use very expensive, highly refined synthetic waxes within our product, along with a highly distilled soft water base to begin with. To take it one step further, if you just throw everything into the same bottle, you get streaking, hazing, etc. To combat this, our product is xblended in multiple batches and then finally mixed together as the final process. I tell you all of this because its important from our perspective for customers and consumers to understand how detailed, refined and the amount of research that has gone into this development to ensure it truly lives up to our claims. We have ran slick tests proving that the surface is being 'sealed.' One of the biggest things we want to ensure no boater or consumer ever does is 'wax over' your hard water spots. You must use something to remove the spots and mineral deposits first. Through years of research and testing, the Hot Sauce does this.

Basic vinegar (at a local store) has a pH level between 2.4 and 3.4. Per our MSDS - ours is less than 2.0. The Hazard rating is 1 - the lowest available.

There are many ways that boaters can remove hard water spots and reseal the surface. Hot Sauce is just one of them and we feel its the easiest product on the market to do this with and the only true one-step product. It does not replace the need for an annual wax. We offer the PRO Sauce and QUICKIE Sauce to help our customers with this and many others opt for a professional detailer.

We appreciate the good questions, feedback, loyalty and support of the Malibu Crew.

The Group Buy for Paying Members is still on through the 10th of April. Its the biggest discount we have ever offered, even better than the Los Angeles Boat Show that we participate in. The discount alone would justify your paid membership, not to mention that you are supporting a great site :)

Thanks so much and happy boating.

Patrick

HOT SAUCE

any questions - call my cell directly 602-312-4550

Absolutely. This product is outstanding at a quick detailer for your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, etc. Our entire product line can be used on any boat, car, truck, etc. I would say that over 50% of our customers use the products on their vehicles as well. While we don't advertise this resource, many of our customers even use it on their glass shower door in their home. In the heat of the desert, I wash my lifted truck at a local 'wash your own vehicle' center then go home and Hot Sauce my truck in 5 minutes, removing all of the hard water spots and applying the sealant. Works great and very simple.

Our HOT SAUCE does not have any vinegar. With that said, vinegar is made up on many acids. Acetic Acid is one of them and our Hot Sauce utilizes a highly refined specialty type of Acetic Acid. This makes up less than 3% of the entire formula. This product took years to develop and our development team has over 60 years combined experience blending products, many of which you may use and see under other brand names such as Mequiars. The Acetic Acid is required to actually cut and remove the water spots. The biggest key to this product, which was the single biggest issue to solve, how to make a wax/sealant work with an Acedic Acid in the same bottle. Simple answer - Carnuba is not the answer. Any carnuba based wax is attacked immediately by the Acedic Acid, even just a mild amount like the Hot Sauce has. Liquid waxes poored in with Vinegar and Water will also been immediately attacked. Our approach was vastly different - what 'will live' within the same bottle. Synthetic waxes - such as Polymer and Silicon waxes can survive in the same bottle. We use very expensive, highly refined synthetic waxes within our product, along with a highly distilled soft water base to begin with. To take it one step further, if you just throw everything into the same bottle, you get streaking, hazing, etc. To combat this, our product is xblended in multiple batches and then finally mixed together as the final process. I tell you all of this because its important from our perspective for customers and consumers to understand how detailed, refined and the amount of research that has gone into this development to ensure it truly lives up to our claims. We have ran slick tests proving that the surface is being 'sealed.' One of the biggest things we want to ensure no boater or consumer ever does is 'wax over' your hard water spots. You must use something to remove the spots and mineral deposits first. Through years of research and testing, the Hot Sauce does this.

Basic vinegar (at a local store) has a pH level between 2.4 and 3.4. Per our MSDS - ours is less than 2.0. The Hazard rating is 1 - the lowest available.

There are many ways that boaters can remove hard water spots and reseal the surface. Hot Sauce is just one of them and we feel its the easiest product on the market to do this with and the only true one-step product. It does not replace the need for an annual wax. We offer the PRO Sauce and QUICKIE Sauce to help our customers with this and many others opt for a professional detailer.

We appreciate the good questions, feedback, loyalty and support of the Malibu Crew.

The Group Buy for Paying Members is still on through the 10th of April. Its the biggest discount we have ever offered, even better than the Los Angeles Boat Show that we participate in. The discount alone would justify your paid membership, not to mention that you are supporting a great site :)

Thanks so much and happy boating.

Patrick

HOT SAUCE

any questions - call my cell directly 602-312-4550

Great info. I have typically run water with 30% vinegar as it works well with removing the water spots but does no favors to my wax job! You will be receiving a nice big order from us Alberta Boys once Trent fine tunes the shipping particulars via USPS (NOT UPS!!). Thanks for the GB. Hopefully we will soon see your product on the shelf's of our local BU Dealer...

Everyone claims that vinegar removes wax.....but I have always wondered if this is one of those accepted ''truths" that has never been tested. I think we should run a test cause everyone always makes this statement.

How can we set up a test to see if vinagar actually removes wax?

Think if I take a sample of wax and mix it with vinager........would that offer proof it the wax dissolves?

Sorry just thinking outloud as the the scientist in me wants to prove/ disprove this claim.

Everyone claims that vinegar removes wax.....but I have always wondered if this is one of those accepted ''truths" that has never been tested. I think we should run a test cause everyone always makes this statement.

How can we set up a test to see if vinagar actually removes wax?

Think if I take a sample of wax and mix it with vinager........would that offer proof it the wax dissolves?

Sorry just thinking outloud as the the scientist in me wants to prove/ disprove this claim.

I don't think vinegar does remove wax, I believe that rumor was debunked a while back. The putrid smell keeps me from using it, plus it doesn't do the job as good as the hot sauce with the wax in it.

I don't think vinegar does remove wax, I believe that rumor was debunked a while back. The putrid smell keeps me from using it, plus it doesn't do the job as good as the hot sauce with the wax in it.

I dont mind the smell. I did ask my detail guy and he told me just to go easy on the mixture so I have toned it down from 50% to 30%. I must admit it sure works good. I just make sure to use some spray wax inbetween my regular waxes. I am looking forward to giving this product a try though!

More great news for the Malibu Crew members -- spoke with DGOOSE and we are going to proudly offer another group buy for 'all' members beginning on 4/25. If you are a paid member, I recommend you get in on the Group Buy now because the deal is 'the best deal' ever offered as a discount. The deal for all members will be very good also...but not this good.

Any questions, please PM DGOOSE for the information or call me anytime at 800-846-4899.

Thanks so much for your support of Hot Sauce and our complete detailing line.

Patrick

HOT SAUCE