Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X tower bushings

Bawshogg

Looking to replace my bushings this year. I know these have been a challange to obtain in the past. Just wondering if anyone knows of a reliable source for a set of bushings? May have to look onto getting some made if there is none out there. Anyone know for sure if XTP supports the older style of the IX also?

I am pretty sure bakes does not have a source for the IX bushings. They still have some for the XS, but not for the IX as I understand. I will try Active and see what they have to say.

I keep forgetting to mention John Cooper - the new malibu dealer in seattle as well

just out of curiosity - how did your bushings go bad in the first place? I too have the IX

They just get worn over time. The when the tower is in the up position and towing, and when on the water the tower is bounced around and the wieght of it just wears the plastic bushings that the pin goes through. this allows excessive movement in the tower which cna pinch hands, cause noise issues and such. Crappy design if you ask me. But s*** happens. Bill, AWS is a Malibu, Supra, AND Moomba dealer. So it should be covered there. Only downside is I know they have had rapid turnover iin the service/parts manager catogory and I dont know how knowledgable the latest canidate will be when it comes to this ancient stuff.