Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Top Speed of the 555 hp supercharged LSV's

Danno

I wonder where my dealer got the information that the 247 and the 555hp would do 65 mph? You gotta wonder :dontknow:

Puffery school? Probably the same guy who gets 23mpg towing up hill with his lifted crew cab dualie turbo diesel.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jrz1

• Danno

• 85 Barefoot

• Malibuzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read somewhere they went with the 6.2L S/C vs. a larger displacement motor for exactly that reason. Under normal cruise it is more efficient. Haven't had it long enough to figure out how it compares to my old boat which had the 8.1L (completely different boat too though).

I read somewhere they went with the 6.2L S/C vs. a larger displacement motor for exactly that reason. Under normal cruise it is more efficient. Haven't had it long enough to figure out how it compares to my old boat which had the 8.1L (completely different boat too though).

We had our new 23 LSV out for the first time yesterday. The 555 hp did 50 on the GPS. We will put on a high speed prop after break in is done. It would be nice to hit mid 50's for the run down the lake to the pub.

We had our new 23 LSV out for the first time yesterday. The 555 hp did 50 on the GPS. We will put on a high speed prop after break in is done. It would be nice to hit mid 50's for the run down the lake to the pub.

Not surprising it's the same speed given only a 150-200 lb weight difference. Great hole shot and mid range punch though eh?

jkendallmsce

What prop is on it now? And what are you changing to?

What prop is on it now? And what are you changing to?

Not sure what the stock prop is. We did our water test but will not be bringing the boat home until Thursday. Our dealer said to break it in first and he will give me a few props to try.

Looking forward to next weekend.

Unfortunatly the water in Little Shuswap Lake is probably still under 50 degrees so it will be more cruising and breaking in than surfing.

• 2 weeks later...

We had the new supercharged boat out for a few days now. Got 11 hours on it. It does 50 mph with the factory prop on it. We have the built in navigation and gps so this is gps speed. Hope to get closer to 60 with a high speed prop.

Have to try one out next trip. We are really happy with the boat. Lots of power.

We had the new supercharged boat out for a few days now. Got 11 hours on it. It does 50 mph with the factory prop on it. We have the built in navigation and gps so this is gps speed. Hope to get closer to 60 with a high speed prop.

Have to try one out next trip. We are really happy with the boat. Lots of power.

Has anyone switched out their stock prop on the 555 hp boat to get more speed. I will talk to my dealer to see what they recommend.

Has anyone switched out their stock prop on the 555 hp boat to get more speed. I will talk to my dealer to see what they recommend.

I'm going to take a wild stab and say no

No for me. When water is flat, 45 mph +/- fine for me and I like the whole shot vs. top speed. Frankly I'd probably be inclined to cruise more in the 40 mph range anyway for fuel economy and quieter operation.

No for me. When water is flat, 45 mph +/- fine for me and I like the whole shot vs. top speed. Frankly I'd probably be inclined to cruise more in the 40 mph range anyway for fuel economy and quieter operation.

not for long...haha

To bump the speed a bit, since there is certainly plently of hp, what seems to be the limiter? If the engine speed seems pretty high, really more than a 10mph/1000rpm ratio, I would consider more ptich. If the engine speed seems pretty reasonable, approx 10/1000, I would consider adding cup to it. What prop does it have? 11 hours is also pretty low, it should loosen up a bit when you double or triple that. 555hp should provide a very pleasant push in the back when the joystick goes to WOT.

about 15 years ago my brother had an 27ft 1987 Chris-Craft with dual 350's. I was only like 12 or 13 but I remember cruising next to the highway (speed limit 55) and we were passing cars on the highway. I dont know what kind of HP those 350's put out.

Looks like the rumors I heard we correct, sweet redemption!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the rumors I heard we correct, sweet redemption!!!

I just picked up a14.5 X 17.75 prop for our LSV 23 with the Caddy motor in it. Can't wait to put it on and try it out. Hope I am right in thinking I will get high 50's out of it. I was wrong about the Canucks.

I dont think you will see much more speed. The propulsion geometry of an inboard hinders their ability to get much more than 45-50 out of them.... Who knows though, it will be interesting to find out what you see!!

I know that I will never want to go that fast in my 23 LSV. My WS is a tow boat, and even when I am just cruising around, I keep it under 40 so I can sip on a fine local brew, and talk to people :biggrin:

I am kinda baffled by the need to go 60mph in a inboard.... Why not just get an I/O or a jet boat? I can appreciate the Torque of the LSA though!! :drool:

it's all about the torque, the resulting acceleration and the cool factor......

With the big power and the big prop, we hope to be able to do our day drip cruises at 40 MPH and have decent economy. The odd 50+ burst of speed is nice but we have found from past boats that lots of power and a huge prop used half the fuel as a mid powered boat with a hole shot prop.