Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Top Speed of the 555 hp supercharged LSV's

Danno

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jrz1

• Danno

• 85 Barefoot

• Malibuzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will let you know soon. Production of my new 247 probably wrapped up this week or will early next week. Should have it soon.

Just remember it doesn't mean chit if your results aren't gps verified.

I heard 65mph at sea level. Not that these boats are really made to go much faster than that anyways

I'd bet a months pay it won't go that fast.

jkendallmsce

+1

I bet it'll drink more gas @ gallons/hr, than the top speed @ miles/hr.

Funny they don't put the supercharged engine in the Response. The Malibu folks at the boat show were not sure why not either, which I thought was kinda funny!!

So drove both 23 LSV and 247 LSV with the new engine top speed from GPS = 23 LSV at 51 MPH / 247 LSV at 49 MPH. Both runs had 3 people in the boat with no ballast or wedge and very light gear only life jackets, both with 25 gallons of gas +/- Extra horse power hits around 2,300 RPM's when the super charger really kicks in. Awsome drive and ride though, SOUNDS killer when you shower down into it from a light cruise speed.

Don't put it to rest just yet. Each boat is diffrent. A Malibu rep. was able to get his 23 LSV up to 53 MPH, Diffrent climates and water may change everything. Never know :crazy: Like i always say to each his own. Give it a run, i know some of ya'll are up north, im down here in the south in almost 80 degree weather already. :whistle::rockon: GOTTA LOVE SOUTH TEXAS :biggrin:

Don't put it to rest just yet. Each boat is diffrent. A Malibu rep. was able to get his 23 LSV up to 53 MPH, Diffrent climates and water may change everything. Never know :crazy: Like i always say to each his own. Give it a run, i know some of ya'll are up north, im down here in the south in almost 80 degree weather already. :whistle::rockon: GOTTA LOVE SOUTH TEXAS :biggrin:

Yes jealous of the weather for sure, I went through Dallas last week it was nice.

Funny they don't put the supercharged engine in the Response. The Malibu folks at the boat show were not sure why not either, which I thought was kinda funny!!

They'll have one in a Response one of these days. I'm surprised nobody has ever installed one on a monsoon engine. With about 8 lbs of boost, the engine would easily be over 500HP. Pretty common with Mustangs, Camaro's, etc.

The same reason you can't get it in a 21 or 20 foot v drive either, its too big.

The same reason you can't get it in a 21 or 20 foot v drive either, its too big.

They built a couple jump boats with the 8.1s in a Response, so it can be done.

But the motor box was huge.

-Chris

They built a couple jump boats with the 8.1s in a Response, so it can be done.

But the motor box was huge.

-Chris

Yes the response SS. I have an 8.1, familiar with the size. Size is not comparable to shape and size of this supercharged motor. I'm not saying it can't be done, heck, just don't even put a cover on it, but it was asked why you cant' get it, and that's why. I don't think any private buyers have a response ss.

jkendallmsce

The engine (block) is the same as the LS3 I have in my response. The only diff is the blower sitting on top. So the only thing you'd have to do is make the engine cover taller?? The footprint would be exactly the same.

They have been stuffing big blocks in DDs for years... Malibu even put them Skiers and the Skier is shorter and narrower.

Edited by jkendallmsce

The engine (block) is the same as the LS3 I have in my response. The only diff is the blower sitting on top. So the only thing you'd have to do is make the engine cover taller?? The footprint would be exactly the same.

They have been stuffing big blocks in DDs for years... Malibu even put them Skiers and the Skier is shorter and narrower.

Im pretty sure you could get a barefoot edition Skier back in the day with a 454...

I know, I have one, a 454 in a boat that's 19 feet and about 80 inches wide. Again, not saying it's not possible, was responding to your question as to why you can't get one. And the answer is, it doesn't fit, unlike designs in years past where a big block was DESIGNED to fit, the caddy won't even fit in a VLX!

Edited by 85 Barefoot