Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to find replacement brass fitting for fuel pump/filter?

Umatilla Matt

I'm having trouble finding a replacement for the brass fitting that connects the fuel pump to the fuel filter. I've tried auto parts stores, marine stores, hardware stores, and even the Malibu dealer and no one has been able to help me. Click here for a picture of the fitting. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Take a trip to your hydraulic parts store, they will have it or be able to order it.

Took me awhile to find a similar fitting for my fuel pump, hydraulic shop didn't have exactly what I needed on the shelf, but we found something that worked.

-Chris

I've never seen that part before. What's with the "thing" in the middle of the fitting?

That sure looks to me like a "rest pressure check valve".

I've never seen that part before. What's with the "thing" in the middle of the fitting?

That sure looks to me like a "rest pressure check valve".

I'll try to post a picture of the end later, but the end of the fitting basically tapers off like that. The inside diameter of the fitting is the same throughout.

I absolutely cannot find this fitting anywhere. The local Malibu dealer tells me they can contact Indmar and try to order it that way. There has got to be something else that will work though, so tomorrow I'm taking the fuel pump and the fuel filter to a Auto/Marine Supply place and tell them I need something to connect the two. I guess I'll see what they come up with, but I refuse to believe that the only part that will work is the one I have to special order.

I assume you need to replace it because the threads are toast on the "left" side?

Yeah, you got it! Whoever threaded it on last must have cross-threaded it. I've had the boat for about 8 months now and this is the first time I've decided to change the fuel filter. Shameful I know...

I finally got something to work in place of this fitting. I went to an Auto/Marine Warehouse and gave them the fuel pump and the fuel filter and basically told them to hook it together. They found a fitting for the fuel filter and then directed me to a custom auto fabrication shop to add an end for the pump to a piece of metal fuel line. Not the prettiest or easiest fix but it works with no leaks. It is completely ridiculous for Indmar to use a part that isn't readily available for replacement. Especially something so simple as a brass fitting.