Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HO HO HO

skisix@38

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skisix@38

• mlange

• LS-One

• HOskier313

You had to figure it was only a matter of time before Eddie left given everyone else that was leaving. I wonder what kind of contract the HO skiers have? Pretty safe to say they'll be out of there as soon as possible as well and move on to Herb's new company, D3, Goode, etc... Or dare I say Fischer. :)

Mike

As soon as Herb went the writing was on the wall for Eddie to leave. I do think he'll follow Herb and why not, they've done great things together. As far as the HO team skiers, I think they'll stay put for now and maybe switch next season. They already have their skis and are working hard on getting into mid season form so it wouldn't make any sense to switch now. I don't know what all this means to the new skis being produced after today. I don't know who is left to be able to make the determination of what is good enough to go out the door and more importantly, what R&D will happen to progress further than the monza?

There isn't enough infrastructure in place for Jobe to come out hitting big IMO, they have missed spring in a lot of places and the real serious skiers are riding the stick they are taking to the big tournaments. So, we'll probably see a few skiers with the new Jobe and then wait for next season, after nationals, to come around.

You had to figure it was only a matter of time before Eddie left given everyone else that was leaving. I wonder what kind of contract the HO skiers have? Pretty safe to say they'll be out of there as soon as possible as well and move on to Herb's new company, D3, Goode, etc... Or dare I say Fischer. :)

Mike

I know that they have been having a ton of transitional problems with China. They are a couple of months behind with their 2006 board line. Also, with the rash of problems they had with the 2005 line. This could be a contributing factor.

Either way, if Herb was "fired", I am sure he is crying all the way to the bank with his golden parachute. When you found, and manage a company of that size it is only a matter of time before you get kicked out for fresh, young, enthusiastic people. It is healthy for a company to have those types of changes to create new ideas and improve the well being of the company.

jobe is owned by the h.o. conglomorate I thought

what problem's did they have with the 05 stuff?

Edited by Killercanukski

On some of the early lower end boards (Slate at least), they didn't bake the boards long enough for the ink to set. The boards would leave blue marks all over the upholstery. I had a friend that it happened to.

There were some other issues too, but this is the main one I know about.

No big surprise, but sounds like Eddie is going to be on board with Herb again. I guess this would also essentially confirm the name of the new company.

His quote from SkiFly:

Yup, I'm gone from HO but hopefully not forgotten. Taking a little hiatus, lying low and flying under the radar while getting back to square one with a bunch of old friends. Rut Roe? Wazzat mean Hambone?

Mike

Edited by mlange
His quote from SkiFly:
Yup, I'm gone from HO but hopefully not forgotten. Taking a little hiatus, lying low and flying under the radar while getting back to square one with a bunch of old friends. Rut Roe? Wazzat mean Hambone?

This might explain some stuff.... http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=644

:)

JZ

His quote from SkiFly:

This might explain some stuff.... http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=644

:)

JZ

April 14th deadline!!! That's not nearly enough time for slacker programmers to get a site design done!