Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mux gauges turn on when batt switch turned to "1"

Well I thought I had this problem figured out last year when the dealer told me they changed the wiring around on the ignition so that the mux gauges would not be operable without the key ignition. Anyways with the blue sea switch on off I get no power to my mux gauges. When I turn the switch to position 1 without the key in the ignition my mux switches turn on and I am able to turn on the blower, nav lights etc... However the key is not in the ignition so should the gauges even turn on? The mux gauge will continue to stay on however the dealer stated that they should automatically turn off after 5 minutes but I do not believe they do. It doesn't seem right that the switches should turn on without the key in. Does anyone else have this problem?

Well I thought I had this problem figured out last year when the dealer told me they changed the wiring around on the ignition so that the mux gauges would not be operable without the key ignition. Anyways with the blue sea switch on off I get no power to my mux gauges. When I turn the switch to position 1 without the key in the ignition my mux switches turn on and I am able to turn on the blower, nav lights etc... However the key is not in the ignition so should the gauges even turn on? The mux gauge will continue to stay on however the dealer stated that they should automatically turn off after 5 minutes but I do not believe they do. It doesn't seem right that the switches should turn on without the key in. Does anyone else have this problem?

That is normal with no way to change it. Once the module sees power it will turn the moduls on. Their time out is 15 minutes not 5.

They draw milli-amps to power the display so i wouldn't be concerned and consider this a problem. Its just the system reacting to being re-powered up.

-Paul

That is normal with no way to change it. Once the module sees power it will turn the moduls on. Their time out is 15 minutes not 5.

They draw milli-amps to power the display so i wouldn't be concerned and consider this a problem. Its just the system reacting to being re-powered up.

-Paul

Thanks for your response Paul. I was not sure if it was supposed to behave like this or not. Just wanting to make sure I get all my problems fixed before warranty end in May.

jkendallmsce

-Paul

Paul,

I thought they stayed on for 30 minutes??

And the MUX switches can be shut off prior to the 15 or 30 minutes by using one of the switches on the panel to the right of the steering wheel.

Went thru all that with Malibu when we picked the '10.

Never got a good answer as to why they need to run for that 15 or 30 minutes? Do you know Paul??

thanks

Paul,

I thought they stayed on for 30 minutes??

And the MUX switches can be shut off prior to the 15 or 30 minutes by using one of the switches on the panel to the right of the steering wheel.

Went thru all that with Malibu when we picked the '10.

Never got a good answer as to why they need to run for that 15 or 30 minutes? Do you know Paul??

thanks

I have been wondering if the hourmeter continues to accumulate time when the computer and MUX gauges are on for 30minutes but the key and engine are off. In my opinion the engine hourmeter shouldn't run if the engine is off, but has anyone checked this?

The mux switches stay on for 15 min, you can hit the "all off" button to turn all the mux switches sooner if you like. The engine has to see rpm to log hours the way I remember it, is have twice the hours on my boat if that wasn't the case.

The mux switches stay on for 15 min, you can hit the "all off" button to turn all the mux switches sooner if you like. The engine has to see rpm to log hours the way I remember it, is have twice the hours on my boat if that wasn't the case.

I am pretty sure there is no "all off" option on the mux gauges in my 08.

I am pretty sure there is no "all off" option on the mux gauges in my 08.

Your dealer should be able to update the gauge to include the "All Off" option.

Peter

Your dealer should be able to update the gauge to include the "All Off" option.

Peter

Thats interesting.. its at the dealer I will give them a call today!

Looks like this was part of the "make it right" program. Anyone know if the Auto wedge feature was added to the 08's or it was only an 09 thing? A member on here says that his 08 received this upgrade but no others did.

Edited by BlitzedVLX

Here is the reply I received from my dealer when I mentioned the make it right program

Hello Brent

The “Make it right” program has ended from Malibu, although individual boats are still considered. Your MUX switches have been replaced to the latest style according to Malibu(done under warranty on previous warranty claim). The MUX switch ( all off) does not shut down the gauges it shuts down the function associated with the MUX switch. The other items on you list we will check out for you.

We had your boat in yesterday and we played the stereo for a while and had no issues with it, will bring it back in to check these other items and recheck the stereo again to see if it will act up for us.

Thanks

Edited by BlitzedVLX

...Your MUX switches have been replaced to the latest style according to Malibu(done under warranty on previous warranty claim). The MUX switch ( all off) does not shut down the gauges it shuts down the function associated with the MUX switch.....

The MUX switches being replaced is not so much the issue, but perhaps no one set them up to include the ALL OFF. If they have the last program in them you should be able to add an "All Off" to the button of your choice. If you do this, it will in fact shut off all the switch controlled functions and then shut off the switch itself.

Anytime power is re-established to the dash these will come on. Pushing the ALL OFF will shut them back off.

If you would like to do this, the Mux switch has 5 functions - EDIT, CHANGE, DELETE, INSERT, and FACTORY RESET. What these refer to is editing of the circuit controlled by that button.

The buttons on each switch are #1-5, left to right.

ENTER FUNCTION EDIT

1. Hold PAGE, button #4, and button #5 at the same time for 3 seconds.

2. Press button 1(YES) to enter edit mode or 2(NO) to exit edit mode.

3. Press the PAGE button to switch between the edit modes CHANGE, DELETE, and INSERT.

CHANGE MODE

1. Press button 1(YES) to enter CHANGE mode or 2(NO) to exit edit mode.

2. If 1(YES) is pressed return to icon page in change mode. If you do not change a button and

cycle through all the pages by pressing the page button you will also exit the edit screen.

3. The user can press one of the button to be changed. Every time that button is pressed scroll

through all the loaded icons.

4. Once an function/icon is selected hold down the button for 3 seconds to lock it in.

5. After lock in return to CHANGE edit mode screen.

DELETE MODE

1. Press button 1(YES) to enter DELETE mode or 2(NO) to exit edit mode.

2. If 1(YES) is pressed return to icon page in DELETE mode. If you do not change a button and

cycle through all the pages by pressing the page button you will also exit the edit screen.

3. The user can press one of the button to be changed. Every time that button is pressed scroll

4. Once an function/icon is chosen hold down the button for 3 seconds to DELETE that function/icon.

5. After Deletion all functions/icons should shift to the left to fill in gap.

6. After DELETION return to DELETE edit mode screen.

**Note regarding Insert Mode : You can not insert a new button in an unused space. Insert a new button on an existing, and if need be, name it the same as the prior button, and then CHANGE the new button, which has now moved to the right, to the control you want. (By inserting a new button control the prior button control will move right)

INSERT MODE

1. Press button 1(YES) to enter INSERT mode or 2(NO) to exit edit mode.

2. If 1(YES) is pressed return to icon page in INSERT mode. If you do not change a button and

3. The user can press one of the button to be changed. Every time that button is pressed the mux

switch will show a different icon.

4. Once an function/icon is chosen hold down the button for 3 seconds to INSERT that function/

icon.

5. After insertion all functions/icons should shift to the right.

6. After INSERTION return to INSERT edit mode screen.

Factory Default Mode

1. Press the PAGE button and Button # 1 and #2 for 3 seconds to enter RETURN

TO FACTORY DEFAULT mode.

2. If #1(YES) is selected the all the functions and icon locations will return to factory

settings.

3. If #2(NO) is selected the switch module will return to normal operations with no

changes.

Hope that helps,

Peter

The MUX switches being replaced is not so much the issue, but perhaps no one set them up to include the ALL OFF. If they have the last program in them you should be able to add an "All Off" to the button of your choice. If you do this, it will in fact shut off all the switch controlled functions and then shut off the switch itself.

Anytime power is re-established to the dash these will come on. Pushing the ALL OFF will shut them back off.

If you would like to do this, the Mux switch has 5 functions - EDIT, CHANGE, DELETE, INSERT, and FACTORY RESET. What these refer to is editing of the circuit controlled by that button.

The buttons on each switch are #1-5, left to right.

ENTER FUNCTION EDIT

1. Hold PAGE, button #4, and button #5 at the same time for 3 seconds.

2. Press button 1(YES) to enter edit mode or 2(NO) to exit edit mode.

3. Press the PAGE button to switch between the edit modes CHANGE, DELETE, and INSERT.

CHANGE MODE

1. Press button 1(YES) to enter CHANGE mode or 2(NO) to exit edit mode.

2. If 1(YES) is pressed return to icon page in change mode. If you do not change a button and

4. Once an function/icon is selected hold down the button for 3 seconds to lock it in.

5. After lock in return to CHANGE edit mode screen.

DELETE MODE

1. Press button 1(YES) to enter DELETE mode or 2(NO) to exit edit mode.

2. If 1(YES) is pressed return to icon page in DELETE mode. If you do not change a button and

4. Once an function/icon is chosen hold down the button for 3 seconds to DELETE that function/icon.

5. After Deletion all functions/icons should shift to the left to fill in gap.

6. After DELETION return to DELETE edit mode screen.

**Note regarding Insert Mode : You can not insert a new button in an unused space. Insert a new button on an existing, and if need be, name it the same as the prior button, and then CHANGE the new button, which has now moved to the right, to the control you want. (By inserting a new button control the prior button control will move right)

INSERT MODE

1. Press button 1(YES) to enter INSERT mode or 2(NO) to exit edit mode.

2. If 1(YES) is pressed return to icon page in INSERT mode. If you do not change a button and

3. The user can press one of the button to be changed. Every time that button is pressed the mux

switch will show a different icon.

4. Once an function/icon is chosen hold down the button for 3 seconds to INSERT that function/

icon.

5. After insertion all functions/icons should shift to the right.

6. After INSERTION return to INSERT edit mode screen.

Factory Default Mode

1. Press the PAGE button and Button # 1 and #2 for 3 seconds to enter RETURN

TO FACTORY DEFAULT mode.

2. If #1(YES) is selected the all the functions and icon locations will return to factory

settings.

3. If #2(NO) is selected the switch module will return to normal operations with no

changes.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Thanks for your input! I spoke with the dealer on Friday and he said that they have applied the latest update to my mux and programmed in the "all off function". He made it sound like he had to manually add the button. So would the update just allow you to program a button? I wonder if anything else changed with the update.