Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

halogens to LED

kab285

honestly the boat is in storage so im not sure if upgrading is as simple as a change of bulb so sorry if i wasted anyones time but im 11 hours away from the bu and thinking of the end of spring semester wakeboarding.

also in my opinion the halogens seem to make driving at night worse and seem to be only useful for looking good which i guess is a very relevent cause but im wondering if LED is any better. otherwise ill just keep using my spotlight and replace the halogens.

jkendallmsce

honestly the boat is in storage so im not sure if upgrading is as simple as a change of bulb so sorry if i wasted anyones time but im 11 hours away from the bu and thinking of the end of spring semester wakeboarding.

also in my opinion the halogens seem to make driving at night worse and seem to be only useful for looking good which i guess is a very relevent cause but im wondering if LED is any better. otherwise ill just keep using my spotlight and replace the halogens.

I have 4 halogens on the tower and theya re good for trailering or getting the boat on the lift, but worthless out on the water.

We were also told by the sheriff that it was illegal to run/operate the lights at night out on the water.

I have 4 halogens on the tower and theya re good for trailering or getting the boat on the lift, but worthless out on the water.

We were also told by the sheriff that it was illegal to run/operate the lights at night out on the water.

I got pulled over last summer for having my JYHIDS on. I was going right at him and he said with them on he could not see my navigation lights and was a huge a$$ about it. The lights are definitely of no use while at speed but they are great when docking or moving at speeds under 10mph.

When I had halogens they were absolutley useless my HID's are bettter and yes they are illegal to operate at night. No light is going to work like headlights on a car. Tower lights are only good at slow speed and all lights are illegal except for Nav lighting. With that being said I'd gor the HIDs.

so basicly LED not worth the upgrade. and yea im stuck at Humboldt State stopped playing football so pretty much am just waiting for summer. Plus Arizona State next year should free up more time to board and ski.