Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

how long is a 247 on the trailer

khelfrich

from the back of the swim deck to the ball mount on a trailer that does not have a swing tongue

Looking at designing a garage for my boat but it is in storage and need to know how deep the garage needs to be I have a prestige trailer that the tongue does NOT swing and want to make sure its deep enough so any 247 on a trailer with the tongue out should give me an idea

thanks

Ken

My 3rd stall is 50 feet long with a 10 x 10 door.

That allows me to hook the boat up to my extracab shortbox duramax the night before.

Our absolute favorite lake is 93 miles and two hours away, tow handle in hand.

Of course I am never in a hurry to get to the lake so it doesn't matter. :crazy:

Depends on what trailer you get...my trailer tongue folds underneath clear of the bow...so my trailer takes no more space that the boat does... so 24'7" + 2 ft for the swim platform...just under 27ft (26'7" + or -)... I have the boat in a 28ft garage now, fits fine..

from the back of the swim deck to the ball mount on a trailer that does not have a swing tongue

Looking at designing a garage for my boat but it is in storage and need to know how deep the garage needs to be I have a prestige trailer that the tongue does NOT swing and want to make sure its deep enough so any 247 on a trailer with the tongue out should give me an idea

thanks

Ken

will tell you tonight. My guess is minimum 28 feet so 30 as 06 suggests is probably advisable.

I store mine in a 36' deep building. It gives me a foot or two to walk around the tongue and a few feet behind to put the ladder so I can get up on the swim platform. I would think 30' would be bare minimum with no room to move around the front or back.

I built my garage thinking that the next homeowner might not be a boat owner. I had space to make it 36 feet deep thinking it would be enough for a medium to largish RV also. If you have space, you should make it as big as you can afford, without putting the bu payment in jeopardy.

bu is paid for great part about being out of college and living at home convinced my parents to build the carport that could be turned into a garage so i was thinking 30' length does not really matter that much since it is open on the ends but the back will have a banister since it is starting to go over a hill so the longer it gets the farther out the hill it goes, but i am making sure we build this so it can be turned into a garage so if i would add doors then it would still fit and i guess if i had to i could make the tongue a swing tongue

and at $4 a gallon it will still be on the water alot so what it cost $356 to fill divide by 16

people on the boat thats only 22.50 a person and even if it is $356 each time am i really going to be that cheap after spending over 60k on the boat and another 700 on insurance

bu is paid for great part about being out of college and living at home convinced my parents to build the carport that could be turned into a garage so i was thinking 30' length does not really matter that much since it is open on the ends but the back will have a banister since it is starting to go over a hill so the longer it gets the farther out the hill it goes, but i am making sure we build this so it can be turned into a garage so if i would add doors then it would still fit and i guess if i had to i could make the tongue a swing tongue

and at $4 a gallon it will still be on the water alot so what it cost $356 to fill divide by 16

people on the boat thats only 22.50 a person and even if it is $356 each time am i really going to be that cheap after spending over 60k on the boat and another 700 on insurance

16 dudes is way to much sausage on that boat, and let's be real even if it was all women you ain't getting gas money from most of them. Looks like you're stuck with the bill or a boat load of tubesteak!

Edited by 06vlx

16 dudes is way to much sausage on that boat, and let's be real even if it was all women you ain't getting gas money from most of them. Looks like you're stuck with the bill or a boat load of tubesteak!

:rofl: I only have max 8 people on my 247... 16 is tooo many unless there all ladies then were talking :biggrin:

Where's the picture of "The SausageSetter" from awhile back?

Do I need to find the thread about the bachelor party on you boat? :biggrin:

Where's the picture of "The SausageSetter" from awhile back?

You might ask Stewart about his SausageSetter experience from a few years ago....it is one thing to have a boat full of guys....it is another to have all the guys drop their pants. :Tease3:

fortunately I was in a boat full of women and kids and I could get the heck out of there.

30' minimum. if you plan on storing anything behind the bu like storage cabinets build one that is 34 feet deep for some wiggle room. or old storage yard had a 12.5'w x 30'd and it was pretty snug fit.