Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Byerly Hazard wake surfboard

mcmtrader

I am seriously considering purchasing the Byerly Hazard wake surf board and was wondering if anybody had one, or have tried the board. It is rather pricey so I would like to get some feedback before I drop the cash on one.

where are you located at?

i bought one last season. i am definitely not an expert, and it has been 6 months since i was on the board, but i remember it being a moderate speed board. i liked that i could adjust between 1 and 4 fins, which made a huge difference. 4 fins, and it was impossible to break the board loose. 1 fin, and it was completely loose.

i am 5'7" 170lbs and found it good for beginning tricks.

if you are located anywhere near me, you are welcome to try it out.....especially if i get to watch someone get into the lake in these temps! :)

I am in Lubbock Texas. I have already been to the lake. Going next weekend and plan to surf. Temp will be 85 degrees, but the lake temp is about 61 degrees. Have to pull out the wet suit.

My question is, do u think the board was worth the money?

where are you located at?

i bought one last season. i am definitely not an expert, and it has been 6 months since i was on the board, but i remember it being a moderate speed board. i liked that i could adjust between 1 and 4 fins, which made a huge difference. 4 fins, and it was impossible to break the board loose. 1 fin, and it was completely loose.

i am 5'7" 170lbs and found it good for beginning tricks.

if you are located anywhere near me, you are welcome to try it out.....especially if i get to watch someone get into the lake in these temps! :)

I am in Lubbock Texas. I have already been to the lake. Going next weekend and plan to surf. Temp will be 85 degrees, but the lake temp is about 61 degrees. Have to pull out the wet suit.

My question is, do u think the board was worth the money?

would really depend on your skill level, size, weight and what you are looking for. i personally found it a good board for my second year of riding. but it was not a really fast board. i have a feeling that if someone progresses fast, this might not be the best board, but if you are getting a good deal on it, then it could be a good intermediate board.

We rode one either ealy last year or the year before.

Its shape was kinda between the original phase5's and the IS 4-skim.

But the ride was slower than either.

None of the riders used it more than once and I don't remember where it ended up.

The last HL I liked was the '02 Broadcast with the 2 outside fins removed and center replaced with a 1"