Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan III over tower bimini

notoncall

Anyone have any good pics of titan III with a over tower bimini ? Also any pros or cons ? My current under tower bimini canvas has seen better days and looking at my options.

That looks so freaking sweet. Has to be the sweetest tower bimini set-up I've ever seen. Rockon.gif

Thank you!! Your set up rocks too! Got the call tonight from our winter storage coordinator. The bu will be home soon! Won't be long now....

Edited by CTSunsetter
martinarcher

Thank you!! Your set up rocks too! Got the call tonight from our winter storage coordinator. The bu will be home soon! Won't be long now....

Awesome. I'm going to get mine Thursday night. Can't wait. Yahoo.gif

We do have one available for the ...SERIES 2... Give me a call and we will get you taken care of!

Hey Brett, I talked to Luke a while ago about this bimini, I thought I remember him saying it's not made of Sunbrella...? If that's still correct, is Sunbrella an option? Can you give us some specs and warranty info on this?

Nice is an understatement ... hopefully they can make one for a Titan II.

Menace has them here.

But their a little goofy lookin if you ask me. I've talked with Brett & Luke about it, and they have allowed me to purchase a bunch of the hardware to make my own OTB for my Titan II, eg; tower clamps, bow ends, etc. I have it all on my bench but haven't made it thru my "honey-do" list to get to that project. I did mock it up in Photoshop though. You can see where I felt the issue was.... the series II tower doesn't have the swept back rear hoop like the series III. So to me the bimini seems short, or too far forward. I think I can solve this by adding a rear hoop to the bimini, extending the bimini back about a foot.

At that point, the issue I think will be collapsing the bimini in a nice bundle on the tower. I plan to make the frame first out of 1" conduit, get the hieght, shape, & rake right, & work on how it will collapse. Then take it in to a local shop & have them make the frame out of SS, and a cover out of Sunbrella.

ajboat1.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Guys,

The Over The Top Bimini's are made out of Surlast Canvas and comes with a two year warrenty. I know everyone loves Sunbrella, but there are always products out there that are just as good if not better, but most people go with what they know. I will get a couple pics to toss up. Hold tight!!!

Thanks alot , nice to here from someone that has one. Where did you get yours? I have four tower speakers and lights, do you think that will create a prob at all ?

Got it from my local 'bu dealer all before the changes with Malibu and Titan. You might have to make some adjustments of the tower accessories. It's really hard to explain. I'll see if I have a picture that might explain.

martinarcher

Martinarcher, don't forget about the GB going on right now.

:rockon::werule: GROUP BUY

I've been meaning to call you guys. I'm going to finally be getting those racks in order......might have to talk about a bimini too. Whistling.gif

Glad that GB came together - time to capitalize. I hope you guys get some ordered from us! werule.gif I know I'll be burning a chunk of my tax return. Whistling.gif

MalibuNation

Brett, Captain Obvious here. I have the stock Titan (I think) bimini and it rolls up real nice when not needed and then there's a cover/bag for it. Also this is the way you want it when towing down the highway. You have this option too, correct or is it at least completely removeable? Thanks - Jim

Brett, Captain Obvious here. I have the stock Titan (I think) bimini and it rolls up real nice when not needed and then there's a cover/bag for it. Also this is the way you want it when towing down the highway. You have this option too, correct or is it at least completely removeable? Thanks - Jim

They fold up really easy and have the boot/cover to zip it up in, then straps to the front hoop for towing and when not being used on the water. Very simple

post-14828-019510900 1301586756_thumb.jp

Menace has them here.

But their a little goofy lookin if you ask me. I've talked with Brett & Luke about it, and they have allowed me to purchase a bunch of the hardware to make my own OTB for my Titan II, eg; tower clamps, bow ends, etc. I have it all on my bench but haven't made it thru my "honey-do" list to get to that project. I did mock it up in Photoshop though. You can see where I felt the issue was.... the series II tower doesn't have the swept back rear hoop like the series III. So to me the bimini seems short, or too far forward. I think I can solve this by adding a rear hoop to the bimini, extending the bimini back about a foot.

At that point, the issue I think will be collapsing the bimini in a nice bundle on the tower. I plan to make the frame first out of 1" conduit, get the hieght, shape, & rake right, & work on how it will collapse. Then take it in to a local shop & have them make the frame out of SS, and a cover out of Sunbrella.

ajboat1.jpg

Please post your pics when you are done!! Sounds cool. I was planning to make something similar.

• 1 year later...

Menace has them here.

ajboat1.jpg

did u ever make this Bimini..? this is a photochop right..?

when u do build it will you please post pics.. was think of doing the same setup myself...

Yea, sure. How much thought have you put into it yet? Heres a mockup of what I have dreamed up so far. I thought about making the frame out of electrical conduit.... cheap & allows me to get the size, shape & rake right before spending a ton of money. Not to mention some idea of how it would fold up. Then I'd take the finished pieces of conduit in & have a local shop make the bows out of aluminum or stainless. And then cover it in Sunbrella.

I'd be interested in hearing your ideas too.

biminiplan.jpg