Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory tour today

jrz1

Know there was another recent thread on this so won't belabor the topic but my 3 boys, live in "manny" and I did the tour this morning. Kerri Johns was nice enough to take an hour or so walking us through the facility. Our hull had just been laid and the stringers/front floor installed. Still a few days of work to go but it was good to see how they all come together.

Posted some pics on photobucket for those interested. Maybe you can find your new Bu in the pics....

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/jrz1/Malibut%20Tour%203-28-11/

My 247 hull is here... There were lots of cool color combos on the floor!

DSC_0048.jpg

Edited by jrz1
martinarcher

Awesome man! That has to be one of the coolest thing to see.....your own boat being built. I would be like a kid in a candy store!!

What tower is on this one? I don't recognize it?

DSC_0103.jpg

This boat looks sweet!

DSC_0101.jpg

It is an Axis.

You didn't see an orange VTX in production did you?

Some narrrow orange stripes with white main maybe? Saw something orange but not sure what it was. Saw from back. Didn't look completely orange. It was reasonably far along the production line....

Edited by jrz1
martinarcher

Some narrrow orange stripes with white main maybe? Saw something orange but not sure what it was. Saw from back. Didn't look completely orange. It was reasonably far along the production line....

Did it happen to look like his avatar possibly. Whistling.gif

Did it happen to look like his avatar possibly. Whistling.gif

Exactly! :thumbup:

Although it is the metallic Atomic Orange and Silver Metallic. The ispec photos don't show it very well.

Exactly! :thumbup:

Although it is the metallic Atomic Orange and Silver Metallic. The ispec photos don't show it very well.

Not sure if it's the one I mentally recall seeing but check upper left corner of this photo. That direction is the finish area so if it's yours, it's pretty much done.....

DSC_0087.jpg