Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

96 vlx bow ballast solutions?

wakeboard_omega

my current setup is 2 750lb in rear lockers, rear seat bag in center locker, filling to 450lb? so its clean, dont even see the bags. im looking to add bow weight, but with the 96 vlx im limited, a integrated sac wouldnt fill up very much under there it doesnt seem. unless someone can tell me otherwise. i would have to make something for the middle to support the 1000lb open bow sac. and i loose all bow seating. i could remove cushions, make a wood cutout for a suport, and put the integrated sack on that. but i dont know if it would fit nicely. and its alot to spend on a maybe. a thought, but i dont like it, cut out the fiberglass bench mold, and then i have a fully open bow, i could come up with something for, i wonder if anyone has done that. and then will it affect integrity of hull, im thinking yes. just wondering if anyone has any ideas or solutions.

my current setup is 2 750lb in rear lockers, rear seat bag in center locker, filling to 450lb? so its clean, dont even see the bags. im looking to add bow weight, but with the 96 vlx im limited, a integrated sac wouldnt fill up very much under there it doesnt seem. unless someone can tell me otherwise. i would have to make something for the middle to support the 1000lb open bow sac. and i loose all bow seating. i could remove cushions, make a wood cutout for a suport, and put the integrated sack on that. but i dont know if it would fit nicely. and its alot to spend on a maybe. a thought, but i dont like it, cut out the fiberglass bench mold, and then i have a fully open bow, i could come up with something for, i wonder if anyone has done that. and then will it affect integrity of hull, im thinking yes. just wondering if anyone has any ideas or solutions.

I have stewed over this for a long time now, I think my vRide is similar. I've heard that "v" bow sack, rated for 700lbs or so, only fills to 350lbs at best. I've contemplated cutting the seat base structure but I'm certainly not going to be the guineau pig on that!! I've also thought about building smaller tanks (I have access to 4 old hard rear tanks I could use) and having them all connected, which would just require drilling a 1" hole through the seat base structure some where. I utilize all that storage space on the sides and front and I figured that just the center (under the bow filler cushion) would only hold about 150lbs, hardly worth it. But if you or someone finds a good automated/hidden solution I'm all ears as well...

I have an 07 ride with a plumbed in bow sac. it is said to hold approx 600lbs and looks to fill pretty good, seats all push up. I am not sure how much more that this you would need as the bow is really low. i was out few days ago with all sacs full, 750's in the rear, 500 in the belly and the bow and it was good.

if you wanted more I do know a guy that had a custom made sac to go in the walkway under the center cushion which he tied into his bow sacs...........