Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini is Overdue

So i own a 2003 malibu 21xti with the Skylon Swoop tower. The Bimini that came with the boat is well a royal pain in the a$$. the sunbrella is in bad shape but i have someone with the industrial sower and i can order the material. so basicly im at the frame.

the problem i want to fix is

it really does not fit the tower. ex- it hits the speakers you have to force it around them and the tower lights

im wondering if anyone else has done this already or if my plan is realistic. also any tips.

my plan that ive kind of just came up in my head was to find a way to make the bottom portion telescope so that i could make it shorter when moving it from its storage position to the expanded position. with an additional 2 inches it would clear the speakers and lights.

So i own a 2003 malibu 21xti with the Skylon Swoop tower. The Bimini that came with the boat is well a royal pain in the a$$. the sunbrella is in bad shape but i have someone with the industrial sower and i can order the material. so basicly im at the frame.

the problem i want to fix is

it really does not fit the tower. ex- it hits the speakers you have to force it around them and the tower lights

im wondering if anyone else has done this already or if my plan is realistic. also any tips.

my plan that ive kind of just came up in my head was to find a way to make the bottom portion telescope so that i could make it shorter when moving it from its storage position to the expanded position. with an additional 2 inches it would clear the speakers and lights.

You'll probably need to post some pics of your current setup. My bimini has telescopic legs, 3/4" OD and 7/8" OD. A local boat cover shop had some spare peices when I needed to replace my 3/4" legs.

Edited by Ndawg12

dont have any other than that right now. but u can see it looks fine when expanded the problem is folding it up with out bending it id also like it to mount higher