Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Has anyone ever seen a Huge Spider crack in the side of a boat

liquidrider

I'm with you on suing. But thought everyone would like to see his listing.

Selling a 2008 Malibu Wakesetter LSV.

In Brand New condition.

Only 111 hrs on it.

Perfect for wake boarding, wake surfing all lake activities.

4 Tower Speakers, Radio

This boat is in amazing condition.

Dude's a total jerk, you shoud send him a bill for the flight down plus dinning expences for your trip. See how he responds to something like this.

"I appreciate you coming to the airport to pick me up saving yourself the cost of a taxi however, Due to the innacuracies or your ad and the costs associated with my trip to find the prevarications myself I believe that I should be compensated for the trouble and cost of travel. My airline ticket was $$$ pluse meals of $$$ for a total of $$$. I will expect a certified check in my hand within 30 days or I shall investigate all my leagle alternitives."

I dont think you will get anything but at least it will let him know that he needs to disclose all issues with any boat being sold.

If you know a lawyer that will write the letter for you for free it would be even better.

REW

I'm an attorney but I'm not your attorney so take this FWIW.

You would have very little chance of recovering anything and probably would not even be worth seeking an attorney. I guess if you were so inclined you could get an attorney to write something on his firm's letterhead but anything more and the costs would add up really quick. Personally, I would just flag the crap out of his craigslist ads and post on this and other wakeboard forums. Hey, at least you only blew a few hundred bucks as opposed to $50k.

You would have very little chance of recovering anything and probably would not even be worth seeking an attorney. I guess if you were so inclined you could get an attorney to write something on his firm's letterhead but anything more and the costs would add up really quick. Personally, I would just flag the crap out of his craigslist ads and post on this and other wakeboard forums. Hey, at least you only blew a few hundred bucks as opposed to $50k.

I'm not looking to hire an attorney. Just trying to inform other members looking at this boat.

Was waiting for the first guy to play the lawyer card.... sue first ask questions later... makes lawyers rich and clogs the courts..... the guy did the right thing by checking out a major investment before buying.... you wouldn't buy a house or a car sight unseen. Some times you win sometimes you loose.... that's life. I was on a flight that got delayed and this guy was threatening to sue.... I had to speak up and tell him to put it back in his pants.

I don't know how it is in Canada, but in America, you actually have to have a cause of action to sue. A "letter" as someone suggested to get costs reimbursed is a far cry from suing anyone. Glad you had the temerity to tell someone on a plane to do so.

Was waiting for the first guy to play the lawyer card.... sue first ask questions later... makes lawyers rich and clogs the courts..... the guy did the right thing by checking out a major investment before buying.... you wouldn't buy a house or a car sight unseen. Some times you win sometimes you loose.... that's life. I was on a flight that got delayed and this guy was threatening to sue.... I had to speak up and tell him to put it back in his pants.

[/quote

Please reread my post! I did not say sue first ask questions later. I did say to send a letter with a bill to get the guys attention though, if for no other to show the total displeasure for having to answer to an ad that was false. The chances of actually getting anything out of this individual are minimal at best.

I dont have an atturney and would not hire one for this, I said "if you have a friend that is a lawyer and will write one for FREE" then send one on his letter head. This letter thing is for entertainment purposes only.

Man, wouldn't it be fun to be a fly on the wall when he got that letter?? :rofl:

Thanks for actually reading the post for what is was intended Bill.

Sorry if I missed it, but where is this boat adveritsed??? Do you have a link?

If you have any other boats around the Minneapolis, MN area you want to look at I would volunteer to take a look at them for you first. I'm about as anal as they come and would nit-pick any little scuff I noticed...

Found it on CL. Nevermind.

My offer still stands though. Any others in this area that you want to see I coudl probably take a look at them for you first.

I think I'll email that guy and mess with him.

My offer still stands though. Any others in this area that you want to see I coudl probably take a look at them for you first.

Please do that and let me know what he says. If I come across something I will hit you up.

Hehe, sic'em, Charlie! :crazy:

Likewise. The next best thing to being there is having a pair of unbiased eyes on the end of the cell phone for you. I did it when I bought my boat. Cost me a case of beer. Probably saved me thousands at the very least, & a ton of headaches.

Man what a bunch of crap. I can't believe the dude listed the boat like that with a major issue with the hull.

yep. And I flew up from Atlanta to see it. PS eat a primanti brothers for me

martinarcher

yep. And I flew up from Atlanta to see it. PS eat a primanti brothers for me

Was it near Pittsburgh?

Gotta love Primanti Bros. They just put one in north of Pit near the Grove City outlet mall. It's only about 10 min from us. Yahoo.gif

You would pay 50k for a 4 year old WS that was not taken care of, well I have a bridge you may what to come see!

No! Flew two and a half hours road another hour in the car looked at the boat for a total of 5 minutes and told the guy take me back to the airport. Not sure where you got I was considering buy the boat? This will be the third Malibu I've owned and never seen such a thing.

Now the question..... to flag him or harass him. :crazy:

My vote is harass him. At least ask him what kind of shape the boat is in.