Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

got an interesting call

FlatH20

figured it was just the guys giving me a call telling me my boat was ready to pick up after a service and de-win - it was the sales guy asking if I would be interested in selling it. it has the right options and color combinations that one of his customers has been looking for.

I told him that I wouldn't say no but he'd have to figure out what would be a suitable replacement/upgrade would be. So I once again turn to the crew...

existing boat 08 V-ride - purchased it new

whats the preferences out there - we like the smaller boats as we typically go out on a smaller lake and the boat fits pretty well in the garage. could go with a 20.6 and still fit - we primarily board,skate & surf

the sales guy started talking about a VTX what do you folks think?

It costs me an extra 10-20% to trade.

The old boat (car, truck, house) has some special features I put into it after I bought it.

The new boat will likely get some kind of modifications (PLURAL) because you miss the features of the old boat.

Some obvious ones: Propellor change, stereo, depth guage, Bimini top, pop up cleats, and so forth.

These are all to be considered.

dontw8- yes very true - we're quite comfortable with hte features we've got and I can't complain about the performance of our boat in the least- of all my vehicles it is the only one that I never have trouble with.

I flopped it on the sales guy to figure out a replacement - we'll see what he comes up with...

dontw8- yes very true - we're quite comfortable with hte features we've got and I can't complain about the performance of our boat in the least- of all my vehicles it is the only one that I never have trouble with.

I flopped it on the sales guy to figure out a replacement - we'll see what he comes up with...

I can't think of a better situation to be in really, you have nothing to lose, the dealer has the chance to gain a customer and maintain the relationship with an existing customer out of the deal. Think of it this way if they work a deal out you can run it as a trade in and take that value off the new purchase price so you'll pay less sales tax in Washington when you register it.

The whole situation might work out nicely for you.

If you like your v-Ride you will LOVE the VTX. 06VLX is right. Might be a great time to upgrade if the numbers work out in your favour. Of course you will be spending more and you are the only one that can make that decision of wether you are comfortable with that... Good Luck

Sounds interesting. Be careful though as it could end up costing more than you planned as various "things" in the deal change.

I will actually take thoppositete stance when it comes down to it though. If the boat you have now runs good, has given you no issues and has the options you want/like...why change and take a chance?

I will actually take thoppositete stance when it comes down to it though. If the boat you have now runs good, has given you no issues and has the options you want/like...why change and take a chance?

I gotta agree here. Aren't the V-Rides the "simple" boats. Not too much complicated MUX switches, CAN system, and Malivue that you won't be able to get any parts for in a few years? (think computron)

Sounds like a sales pitch too me... you friends with any of their other customers? It'd be interesting too see if anyone else got the same call? I'm all for upgrading, I love my vtx and malibu makes a great boat. But a 3 year newer vtx is gonna cost some extra dough. If you've got the money and nothing better to spend it on, AND your really waning to upgrade your boat, then go for it. But if it ain't broke don't fix it, sounds like your very happy with what you got.

Sounds like a sales pitch too me... you friends with any of their other customers? It'd be interesting too see if anyone else got the same call? I'm all for upgrading, I love my vtx and malibu makes a great boat. But a 3 year newer vtx is gonna cost some extra dough. If you've got the money and nothing better to spend it on, AND your really waning to upgrade your boat, then go for it. But if it ain't broke don't fix it, sounds like your very happy with what you got.

That sounds so familiar.. I had my 67 Camaro in a car show last year, and this Classic Car dealer in town came up and said if I wanted to sell it , he had a buyer for it.. He then proceeded to make a few phone calls as I was standing there, And said for me to bring it down after the show and bring it to his lot. To make a long story short, It was on his lot for three week and he kept saying the guy was out of town but was coming soon to look at it..BS he never had a guy that wanted it, He just wanted it on his lot just in case he found someone. Fortunately When I brought it down the first day, There was a guy looking around for cars, And spotted mine. he ask me allot of questions, I told him what i wanted for it. Three weeks later the dealer sold it to that guy that i talked to first, I got what I wanted, but that dealer tricked me, It worked out alright but still irks me that I fell for it... :rant:

thanks crew - great perspectives - and I had thought of that wakesetter67- the dealer and I have a pretty good relationship, the sales guy told me flat out regarding the particulars of his purchaser- right down to the lake and lift... didn't sound anything like what happened to you on your camaro. about the only down-side of my situation would be spending a few more bucks and then having to take it in for another service (down-time) assuming of course there's no issues with the new boat. then of course wakingmehappy and pistol pete could give me a "I told you so" when I'm back on the boards looking for help/advice.

Another thing - malibu is a great boat, we've had zero problems I wouldn't hesitate to take a "chance" on a new one based upon our experience with our V-ride. the fact that the dealer wants it back reassures and reaffirms me that I made the right call in buying one in the first place. also - our dealer has been fantastic over the years. from teaching the kids to ride to making certain our boat and gear are in top condition. we take our fun pretty seriously, I figure I've got my kids solid for another 5 years and then they'll be off to college and otherwise out of the house - if we can spend a few more bucks to enhance the time between now and then, the money is a non issue.

thanks again for the advice - I'll keep you guys posted on how this unfolds.... now back to my tow rig...