Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

white leather turning a black shade from the boat cover

How do i remove the black shade from my white leather on the back cushion over the engine compartment of my 247, i think it is from the sun on the boat cover the boat cover is black but it will not come off with CLR, Magic eraser or blaech any help Guys

Thanks crusty

How do i remove the black shade from my white leather on the back cushion over the engine compartment of my 247, i think it is from the sun on the boat cover the boat cover is black but it will not come off with CLR, Magic eraser or blaech any help Guys

Thanks crusty

You have white leather in your boat :unsure: I would bet it's vinyl. And if you used CLR, Magic eraser and bleach, you probably didn't help the health of your vinyl cushins. Best bet is to leave it uncovered in the sun and the black shade usually fades over time. I would not recommend using harsh cleaners any more.

You have white leather in your boat :unsure: I would bet it's vinyl. And if you used CLR, Magic eraser and bleach, you probably didn't help the health of your vinyl cushins. Best bet is to leave it uncovered in the sun and the black shade usually fades over time. I would not recommend using harsh cleaners any more.

the back cushions are leather an vinyl the leather is the part that has the darker of the stain , i really think it is from the sun baking the on the cover to the leather your thoughts

Man, was leather an option in '06? Leather, vinyl, whatever you wanna call it, leave it out in the sun and quit scrubbing and dumping cuastic chemicals on your "leather". That wont fix it. Nature will. Trust us. There are many years of expierience here. Better yet, call Malibu and ask them for a new leather cover, cause the stitchings probably gonna rot out now.

the back cushions are leather an vinyl the leather is the part that has the darker of the stain , i really think it is from the sun baking the on the cover to the leather your thoughts

Remove the cover and let the sun hit on it for a few days. The sun my very well bleach it out. Then, go to www.evolutioncovers.com and get a good cover. PS: I have never seen leather on a boat. What that a special order?

Edited by WakingMeHappy

Remove the cover and let the sun hit on it for a few days. The sun my very well bleach it out. Then, go to www.evolutioncovers.com and get a good cover. PS: I have never seen leather on a boat. What that a special order?

yep....do exactly what WMH said :plus1: