Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Registration Numbers - what should I do?

MichLivin

I am looking to find a place to buy some registration numbers for the new boat. The boat is a 2011 23 Wakesetter mostly back with some accent yellow colors in toward the back of the boat. I purchased some tags for my jet skiis a few years ago which also ahve a black hull. The registration numbers on the skiis have started to peel in the corners and were chrome and black.

Any suggestions where to go, what looks good on black fiberglass? I was thinking of using yellow, black or chrome colors for tage but I dont know where to find these products.

I am looking to find a place to buy some registration numbers for the new boat. The boat is a 2011 23 Wakesetter mostly back with some accent yellow colors in toward the back of the boat. I purchased some tags for my jet skiis a few years ago which also ahve a black hull. The registration numbers on the skiis have started to peel in the corners and were chrome and black.

Any suggestions where to go, what looks good on black fiberglass? I was thinking of using yellow, black or chrome colors for tage but I dont know where to find these products.

I'm sure there are some boating places near you, and sometimes even BMV's (boat license place) that have something in stock.

The first thing to check is your Division of Watercraft though. They can be kind of pesky on details like height, color, spacing, location, etc.

Definitely dont want to get pulled over for minor detail stuff.

Steve B.

Here is an example of their work. It doesn't show very well, but it is black with the silver outline. They are very good quality. I will be ordering a new set when the new boat gets here.

Trent

post-5478-007324200 1300984091_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malibuzer

I took my boat down to the local sign shop. Picked out the font and the color and they printed the numbers out on vinyl and applied. start to install took about 20 mins and about $20 total.

I boughtthese off Ebay for under $50. Great quality & very quick.

Originally I bought black with chrome outline. Then about a year after I installed them in the black area on the boat, the sheriff at Banks Lake told me they did not contrast with the background & were not visible enough. I called 3D Lettering back & the cut me a new set in white with chrome outline for just the cost of shipping. :rockon:

vrideinhc3.jpg

Here is an example of their work. It doesn't show very well, but it is black with the silver outline. They are very good quality. I will be ordering a new set when the new boat gets here.

Trent

Thanks for the info I will be calling them. Membership gets discounts, sounds like an incentive. I will look into it.

I boughtthese off Ebay for under $50. Great quality & very quick.

Originally I bought black with chrome outline. Then about a year after I installed them in the black area on the boat, the sheriff at Banks Lake told me they did not contrast with the background & were not visible enough. I called 3D Lettering back & the cut me a new set in white with chrome outline for just the cost of shipping. :rockon:

vrideinhc3.jpg

I bought these for my boat too and I really like them. I also went with black with the chome outline and stuck them on the black part of my boat. I get stopped for a safety check almost every weekend in the peak of the summer and the game warden has never said anything about it. They are really thick and come all spaced out on a backing piece so you don't have to guess when you stick them on. For the price I expected much less, but was and have been really pleased with them.

I took my boat down to the local sign shop. Picked out the font and the color and they printed the numbers out on vinyl and applied. start to install took about 20 mins and about $20 total.

:plus1:

2 colors, matched the Malibu font, picked them up next day.

I have these in black and white somewhere in my garage. I bought a whole pack and have allot left over. If anyone needs and i have the numbers/letter i'll mail em to ya.. They match the tribal wakesetter grafics almost perfectly. If anyoen wants them PM me your reg number and address and i'll check to see if i have the numbers you need and send them. I cant remember what numbers i used already but definatly used all the N,C,D, P's and allot of 2's..

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=43854&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10104&subdeptNum=10348&classNum=10351

I also got the ones from Domed Numbers on eBay. Best deal in town and great customer service. Just couldn't justify the price for CustomDoming.com. Domed Numbers will also mock up examples for you if you email them. I just don't see why anyone can pay 2x for the same product.

I just received a set from 3D Lettering's Ebay store as well. I can't comment on the quality yet as I'm not home (my wife got them in the mail today), but she says they look great. Shipping was quick too - I placed the order on Sunday and had them at my house today (Thursday). :thumbup: