Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Search is Over

Texasguy

I would like to thank everyone here at TMC for all the information and advise given over the last several months. I have ended up with a 98 SS VLX. I found one in near perfect condition with only 200 hours. I had to drive 15 hours each way to get it but that's all part of the adventure. The prev owner installed helm controlled "factory" hard tanks with inline pumps and everything. No more hoses over the side and bags rolling all over. The family is really stoked and so am I. Yahoo.gif I am very pleased to have a Malibu and I'm very impressed with the quality. As I have mentioned before our family does a little bit of everything and the VLX seems to be about the best crossover boat out there. I'll post some pics when I get some.

Thanks Again,

Bryan

Thanks guys, Ya'll have been very helpful, except for one.

"Now, I say that's a joke son, I say that's a funny!" Foghorn Leghorn

The only picture I have access to because of computer issues is this one in my avatar taken with my phone at about 2:00AM at some gas station somewhere in Arkansas. 15 hours each way with two college students (good sleepers) and they only came along because I promised them free food for 36 hours.

P.S. Stu and Boomer, we'll see you out on Lake Travis and at Club Ped(when we get some rain)

Edited by Texasguy

Congrats!

I just picked up a 98' VLX as well... I only drove 7 hours each way though ;)

I'd love to see some pictures of the ballast, as I am in the process of designing my automated ballast system.

-gvb

Edited by gvb

Conratulations!

I'll add to the list. Picked up a '98 VLX in Oct. Drove 12hrs each way but was worth it. Look forward to getting some use out of it next year.............

malibu0174ra.jpg

Edited by Tracktor