Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Those who financed their Bu

Tacostik

If you are in Michigan try Independant bank. I will use them for my new Wakesetter. Now if the boat ever comes in... These are just simple intrest loans. I plan to pay the boat off in less than 5 years. The first Malibu I got was used, it was a great boat but it never felt like it as mine.

Rich

Yep USAA here same terms described above....

30% down & trade in... and then financed the rest. Yep nasty payment.

3yrs in Iraq... life is too short to wait. I am not doing Tantrums and inverts when I am 50 and can drop 70-90K cash on a boat. And not waiting another 5-10yrs till my boys 15yrs+ to start either.

I agree. A good friend died last year at the age of 39. You never know!

Nope, but you can spend yourself into bad positions.

I try to stick to the Phil Mickelson rule of money management (Heard this on a CBS broadcast). He supposedly divides his *small* paycheck into 1/3rd's... 1/3 Living Expenses, 1/3 Fun Money, 1/3 Retirement & Charity. Granted he pulls in major coin but say you and your spouse net 6-9k a month. 2-3k a month is a bit excessive for fun money but it's a lot easier when you are putting that amount away every month.

my .02

-J

Used boat prob. an 08 or 09. I will be putting like 20% down. My local CU has a current apr of 8.25 :cry:

That should enough to buy a good '94 - '98 with cash. Sure it's an older boat, but there are some beauties out there. Then it's yours!

Edit: Mine is a '94, I've had it for 3 years, taught my two boys how to wakeboard behind it and taught the daughter to ski skim at age 3. I learned how to barefoot off a boom on it, and the boys (ages 10 and 12) will too this season. We are setting it up for surfing this year. Including purchase price, maintenance & repairs for 3 years, all accessory equipment, I have $13,500 into it. I had a loan for a year and paid it off. It feels good to have a paid-for asset, like mentioned earlier, you never know what life may deal to you!

Edited by Michigan boarder

My first boat was a 1972 aquasport 17' with a evinrude 65hp. A friend had it sitting for years and said it needed a motor, gave it to me and 2 weeks later I had that big evinrude purring. Great boat, had a lot of fun on it and had no money invested. Now I decided to step it up and moved onto a malibu. Kept the aquasport and bought a $2500 84 malibu skier! lol. I would love a nice new boat, but right now its just not in my cards. I'm 23 years old and Im on the lake! I'm a firm believer in not financing toys. (ask me that same question in a few years)

Malibu payment $0

Bass boat payment $0

3 cars payment $0

Credit card payment $0

Only loan I have is a 15 year fixed rate mortgage at 4.5%

If you're going to take a loan to by a boat then just don't buy/borrow the max you can get. That is setting up for failure the first time cash is needed for something...car transmission goes out, house needs a new roof, neighbor sues because your dog bit him....the list can go on. The point is be conservative and buy/borrow within reason to your income. That's why my Malibu is a 99, the bass boat is an 88 and my newest cat is an 03.

Malibu payment $0

Bass boat payment $03 cars payment $0

Credit card payment $0

Only loan I have is a 15 year fixed rate mortgage at 4.5%

If you're going to take a loan to by a boat then just don't buy/borrow the max you can get. That is setting up for failure the first time cash is needed for something...car transmission goes out, house needs a new roof, neighbor sues because your dog bit him....the list can go on. The point is be conservative and buy/borrow within reason to your income. That's why my Malibu is a 99, the bass boat is an 88 and my newest cat is an 03.

WMH, I agree with your financial planning. Though it wouldn't seem that it makes sense to waste money on something as useless as a bass boat. :lol:

Only kidding.

6.2% for 7 years from my credit union with 0% down. CU requires 15% down from the NADA value, but I found it for less than that, therefore 0% down. With the extra $ I had, lifejackets, anchor, and cleaning supplies were bought. BTW its an '06 Vride purchased in '10.