Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mailbu Flap Photos

C28

...Am I the only one that has had the white lettering flake off after just being stored in my garage?
You are the third person that has mentioned the lettering flaking. I haven't had any trouble with mine at all. The other two members contacted the vendor and they took care of it.

:unsure: I guess I should go check mine. I was going to work on the mounts this week-end.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• Bill_AirJunky

• Pistol Pete

• old skool malibu

martinarcher

:unsure: I guess I should go check mine. I was going to work on the mounts this week-end.

I think most of them are fine, but it sounds like a few must not have been prepped properly before printing.

Pete,

I used an air cut off wheel to cut mine and it turned out really nice.

You are the third person that has mentioned the lettering flaking. I haven't had any trouble with mine at all. The other two members contacted the vendor and they took care of it.

Same.... I used a zip disc in my 4 1/2" angle grinder. I took about 8-10 passes to get through and went in the direction with the wheel so it walked itself along.

Ok guys,

I'm getting ready to mount my flaps for the NorCal Wow.

2 questions....

1) How or, what did you use to cut the flaps to make a nice, clean, not melted, cut?

2) Am I the only one that has had the white lettering flake off after just being stored in my garage?

I laid a straight edge on the flap and took a box cutter to it. Made the cut two or three times and just snapped it in two. Nice, clean and fast with no mess to clean up.

Finally got my mudflaps mounted.

On the escalade I trimmed them to 18" and have a piece of the "brush" stuff from a previous towing set up in the centre. Mounts to the draw bar and has a sheet metal deflector in front of the right flap as the exhaust exits directly rearward. I have melted flaps of the same material previously.

On the one ton; the bracket is welded directly to the draw bar. I have set of plain mudflaps of the same material on their way to fill in the centre. I installed a Banks DPF back exhaust to get rid of the megaphone that would be dumping directly onto the mudflap.

I will be using the flap set-up on the one-ton when towing the fifth wheel to save it from road rash also.

Again like all have shared great job Martinarcher.

Watch out with the rear exit exhaust........I customized my Malibu flaps towing the boat home from storage a month ago! I had an '08 chevy with magnaflow dual rear exit exhaust. Flaps were 9-1/4" away on a rock tammer bar...cooked them in about an hour towing the boat out of Kamloops. Trip there (2.5 hrs) no problem, got lots of compliments at the dealership.

I marked a straight edge using a permanent marker and used tin snips to trim them. I would like the contact info to the company where they came from. The print came off both of mine at the same place on the right hand side. Every Malibu owner who sees them ask where I got them, so I would like to have the logo's back.

martinarcher

Watch out with the rear exit exhaust........I customized my Malibu flaps towing the boat home from storage a month ago! I had an '08 chevy with magnaflow dual rear exit exhaust. Flaps were 9-1/4" away on a rock tammer bar...cooked them in about an hour towing the boat out of Kamloops. Trip there (2.5 hrs) no problem, got lots of compliments at the dealership.

Sweet!

Did it cook through to the front or just melt the back a little? I know the poly is certainly heat sensitive.

:rockon:

I ended up making a pair of small hangers near the end of the frame rails. Then hung the mudflaps by a piece of angle iron from the hangers. This put them up under the truck about 6" or 8" rather than out behind the bumper.

Thanks for puttin this together, Matt!!

post-821-050185300 1309634039_thumb.jpg

martinarcher

:rockon:

I ended up making a pair of small hangers near the end of the frame rails. Then hung the mudflaps by a piece of angle iron from the hangers. This put them up under the truck about 6" or 8" rather than out behind the bumper.

Thanks for puttin this together, Matt!!

That turned out awesome. Looks good Bill! Rockon.gif I like the "tucked" look.

martinarcher

I marked a straight edge using a permanent marker and used tin snips to trim them. I would like the contact info to the company where they came from. The print came off both of mine at the same place on the right hand side. Every Malibu owner who sees them ask where I got them, so I would like to have the logo's back.

Their contact info is on their website.

yeah... I melted a set of flaps on the escalade made of the same material. In front of the right flap where the exhaust exits I installed a sheetmetal deflector plate about 1" in front of the flap to insulate it. Working well...so far.