Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mailbu Flap Photos

C28

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martinarcher

• Bill_AirJunky

• Pistol Pete

• old skool malibu

Yup I was talking about the mudflaps lol.. who made them? Maybe I could convince them to make one for me! LOL

PM martinarcher for manufacturer contact info. But I wouldn't hold my breath. There's no way the screening machine is still set up with the template for the Malibu screening.

PM sent. Good luck. Not sure if they will do a one off as I know the min order quantity is 25. Cry.gif

They have a web store where they sell snow flaps for snowmobiles one at a time.... You'd think they could setup mud flaps for all the major boat manufacturers and sell them one at a time (well, two at a time) right on their store.... Then anyone with a Rock Tamer, Road Wing, Etc could order flaps with their boat name on it right on their store.... Could be a decent market for it, you never know!

Ok so I got my $50 Rock Tamer home and well ...it looks like crap. The chrome was pealing off. I took it to my budies auto body shop, they mostly do big rig work. I had them blast it and paint it all black with endura http://www.endura.ca/. Endura is an industrial paint which is typically used on big machinery as well as oil field equipment. Just so happened the ol Sunsetter was sporting a coat on endura paint and clear coat. Its pretty bomber stuff. Here are some before picks....

post-4887-056168800 1302233518_thumb.jpg

post-4887-028505700 1302233533_thumb.jpg

Edited by old skool malibu

What about Line-X?

-Paul

That was choice #2. Endura was no cost to me, Line-X would be over $100 for the tamers. Line-X is a great product, I have my front grill sprayed with Line-X.

post-4887-046263500 1302265278_thumb.jpg

martinarcher

Finally got mine installed. Drove the truck to work to sell my Monster tower to a coworker with a Supra and I got to snap a couple pics. Still need to come up with a better ball mount clamp, but I think the black powder coated angle iron looks awesome. Yahoo.gif

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0209-1.jpg

Edited by martinarcher

Matt,

You gotta turn the bolts around that are attaching the flaps to the angle iron.

A nice, clean, bolt head would look a heck of a lot better than the nut from the rear.

Further , when you reverse the bolt heads to be showing to the rear, please make sure that the hex heads are all fixed in the same degree of rotation. The flat surface of each hex should be exactly parallel with the angle bracket you are bolting them to. In addition for each degree that they are off will incur one demerit each day per bolt head until properly installed. :yahoo:

BTW: That is one fine truck................. :thumbup:

Just last night I was installing new address numbers onto a new mail box and, I'll be God dammed if all the measurements on both sides of the box were'nt absolutely identical and, dead-nuts straight.

edit....I tell the G.F. "yeah, this should only take 20 mins."

An hr. and a half later.....

Edited by Pistol Pete
martinarcher

LOL.gif Thanks man. I'll get all the nuts lined up. Thumbup.gif

I would flip the bolts, but the angle iron is too tight against my bumper. I only have about an 1/8" between the bumper and the bolt head. No way I would clear the bolt stud and nut.

Here's a pic from the top (the right two bolt heads are very close to the my custom bumper. I could possibly get some big stainless rivets. Whistling.gif

image_url-7666-1292715763.jpg

Edited by martinarcher

Y can't u just flip the angle iron around? All the holes should line up.

Meaning, the vertical part of the AI would be towards the rear.

martinarcher

Y can't u just flip the angle iron around? All the holes should line up.

Meaning, the vertical part of the AI would be towards the rear.

I was trying to hide my big a$$ fender washers I used on the flap side. I figured mounted this way would be more robust against wind resistance and ripping a bolt and washer through the flap. I have a few spare flaps so I could flip it, come up with 8 smaller, better looking stainless washers and give it a go. Thumbup.gif I'll be sure to line up my bolt heads while I'm at it. Whistling.gif

I hear you on the clearance.

I love the lock washer look backed up by copius amounts of LocTite. :lol:

Plus I imagine that the flaps probably are only mounted when the vintage Malibu is close behind.

Nice install.....

martinarcher

I hear you on the clearance.

I love the lock washer look backed up by copius amounts of LocTite. :lol:

Plus I imagine that the flaps probably are only mounted when the vintage Malibu is close behind.

Nice install.....

Haha - no LockTite, just lock washers. That is synthetic grease to keep the stainless nuts from galling. Thumbup.gif

Yeah, flaps are usually only back there when the Bu is in tow. Yahoo.gif

"SYNTHETIC" grease to keep the "STAINLESS" nuts from galling. :crazy:

You can't just bolt them up ?

You can't just use ordinary grease ?

You can't use ordinary nuts like the general populace ?

What are you trying to do ? Show up the west coast ace mechanics Pistol Pete and Ruffdog ?

Nice work. I'm sure Pete and Ruff are gonna run out now and by a big box of stainless nuts and a tube of the Synthetic grease. :lol:

What are you trying to do ? Show up the west coast ace mechanics Pistol Pete and Ruffdog ?

Nice work. I'm sure Pete and Ruff are gonna run out now and by a big box of stainless nuts and a tube of the Synthetic grease. :lol:

I don't know about that but I guaranty you that Pete wouldn't mount his angle iron backwards and leave his nuts showing. :whistle:

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by NorCaliBu