Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sunsetter ballast

drc007

I have a 97 sunsetter lx and I just ordered 1 sumo 750 sac , 2 launch pad 540 and one sumo utility bag that's 300lbs my boat has the wedge ... I know this is alot of weight but I was wondering how y'all would position them on the boat for optimal wake? I really wish I could hide them as much as possible but up in the bow the storage seems really shallow so infoubt I can fit much of anything up there ... My ideal setup would be semi permanent hoses around the boat that I can hook up bags and fill and unfill with reversible pumps .

For the bags that you've purchased, here's what I would recommend:

With Wedge

- 540s on each side of the engine compartment

- 750 in the center ski locker

- 300 between the engine compartment and the rear seat

Without Wedge

- 750 in place of the rear seat (seat removed or stored in elevated position)

- 300 in the walkway to the open bow as far forward as possible

Now onto the bad news. The bags you've ordered really aren't ideal for your situation. First of all, size and shape wise, they're going to allow you to hide them nearly as well as you would like. Second of all, if you have any aspirations of installing an automated or semi-automated system, Fly High bags are MILES ahead of the Launch Pad product as far as integration goes. The new 2011 Straight Line bags are better, but still nowhere near as flexible, functional and bulletproof as Fly High's products.

If it's not too late to either cancel your order or return those bags I would strongly recommend it. We've been through this game with our customers dozens of times, and at the end of the day it costs less money and you end up with a much more functional system if you use the right bags for the job.

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news, I'm happy to help you with what you've already got if that's your only option.

Well shoot... I've looked at the fly high bags and they have so many options but for the price i couldn't beat it .. I paid 400 for all the bags and a aerator pump .

The way I figured it was that I would only be able to get maybe 2 to 3 bags of fly high with respect to the same weight . For the price ? The order still hasn't went through So I might change but what would u recommend for the fly high bags that I would need ?

martinarcher

For the bags that you've purchased, here's what I would recommend:

With Wedge

- 750 in the center ski locker

- 300 between the engine compartment and the rear seat

Without Wedge

- 750 in place of the rear seat (seat removed or stored in elevated position)

- 300 in the walkway to the open bow as far forward as possible

Now onto the bad news. The bags you've ordered really aren't ideal for your situation. First of all, size and shape wise, they're going to allow you to hide them nearly as well as you would like. Second of all, if you have any aspirations of installing an automated or semi-automated system, Fly High bags are MILES ahead of the Launch Pad product as far as integration goes. The new 2011 Straight Line bags are better, but still nowhere near as flexible, functional and bulletproof as Fly High's products.

If it's not too late to either cancel your order or return those bags I would strongly recommend it. We've been through this game with our customers dozens of times, and at the end of the day it costs less money and you end up with a much more functional system if you use the right bags for the job.

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news, I'm happy to help you with what you've already got if that's your only option.

Man that ski locker is a lot bigger than mine! Unsure.gif I run a 300 lb fly high bag in our locker and it pushes the floor/lid up if it's close to full.

As far as the weight distribution, skicrave is right on.

Ok guys I called wakemakers and they explained everything to me ... Unfortunately the also took my money 325 $ later I have plenty of fitting and check valves... but I'm still looking for pumps and I still have to get the hose also

• 2 weeks later...

Well after talking to wakemakers I have 2 Simer pumps 2 thru hulls for water intake. 3 above the water line 2 for drains and 1 for vent . 2 straight-line ruc sacs for under the front . 1 750 bag for ski locker . 2 540 launchpads for under the rear deck .. I've got the front plumbed in .. And all I have to do is the rear ... I will take pics this weekend when I can work on it more . Should be ready to take out on the 22nd