Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Went to the boat show Friday.

Sixball

We went to the Novi boat show Friday. All the inboards showed boats. Malibu, C.C. M.C. Supra, Moomba, M.B. Tieg. We had a good time and its kind of a kick to get the boating season going! I did pick up a pair of gloves and two new handles so I am ready to start the season. :yahoo:

LA Show is terrible. Mastercraft, Malibu, Axis, MB Sports, Tige & Sanger are about it for our market. Not many people coming out, and all the vendors are complaining about slow sales. Size of the show itself is not much bigger than the Spokane show a few weeks ago.

I'm sitting at the booth now & there is not one customer in our aisle. :crazy:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Went to the LA boat show yesterday. I stopped by the Skyski booth (I saw you posted you would be working there) but missed you. I actually thought the inboard showing was better this year then the past couple. Supra/moomba and CC weren't there but all the other mfr had a pretty good showing. Malibu had a lot of boats and its always nice to talk to the Malibu/Axis guys.

As far as the go fast boats the DCB boats are pretty impressive!

We went to the Novi boat show Friday. All the inboards showed boats. Malibu, C.C. M.C. Supra, Moomba, M.B. Tieg. We had a good time and its kind of a kick to get the boating season going! I did pick up a pair of gloves and two new handles so I am ready to start the season. :yahoo:

I was there on Saturday and completely missed the Tige display. Did manage to pick up a shiny new SAN 210 :yahoo:

Love the boatshows, good stuff. We'll have one in our little town next weekend. I'm getting some bindings and planning on blowing all my upgrade money on a bimini and extra set of racks.

Then, we'll go back to snowboarding for another month :crazy:

Skiers Pier is the Bu dealer for the area. Talking with Ron K. he was happy with how thing are going business wise. Ya the R LXI was nice Did you look at the power plant? 410 hp - Malibu L96 6.0L I bet you will have some long arms after some deep water starts.

I did not see the SAN 210 .

LA Show is terrible. Mastercraft, Malibu, Axis, MB Sports, Tige & Sanger are about it for our market. Not many people coming out, and all the vendors are complaining about slow sales. Size of the show itself is not much bigger than the Spokane show a few weeks ago.

I'm sitting at the booth now & there is not one customer in our aisle. :crazy:

Different feel in Canada. The Edmonton boat show was on this weekend and was pretty busy. From talking to most of the dealers they were pleased with the turnout and the sales as of late Saturday. The Calgary boat show was a couple of weeks before that and it too went from what I heard. Malibu showed very well but MC and CC also with some very nice new stuff.

I too went to the LA boat show today now it was pouring rain at noon when I got there so maybe that kept people away but overall its was very slow!! I am no expert but did not see any sales happening really. Got some great deals on some floor models of some misc stuff I didn't need but what the hell. I really thought there would be alot more people there. I was hoping to see a baby blue and white wakesetter that I see in alot of the print ads but no luck. That might be a good thing as I might want to get a new boat if I saw it.

I did like the rack on the Mastercraft looked really mean but other than gotta say nothing there that made me want to trade in my boat just yet.

Went to the LA boat show yesterday. I stopped by the Skyski booth (I saw you posted you would be working there) but missed you. I actually thought the inboard showing was better this year then the past couple. Supra/moomba and CC weren't there but all the other mfr had a pretty good showing. Malibu had a lot of boats and its always nice to talk to the Malibu/Axis guys.

As far as the go fast boats the DCB boats are pretty impressive!

Bummed I missed ya! Would have been the highlight of the show! :rofl:

Yea, those DCB boats are something else, huh. Did you see the orange one with the suede interior? Suede? Really? In a boat??? :crazy:

Lots of other go-fast boats there too. I was surprised that big yachts like Carver weren't more common.

I did find out that MC is paying Murphy for every Power Tower they sell. He patented the idea of a power tower when he & Clemmons made theirs a few yrs ago. Good to see MC money being spent for a worthy cause. :rockon:

Still workin my way home today. I got hung up in the weather on I-5 over the Grapevine on Monday evening. Stopped in Castaic with a million other people. Found out that SR58 thru Mojave was closed too so I got a hotel room. Made the trip on Tuesday & saw just why they closed the pass. They had about 1/2" of snow plowed off to the side of the road. It was pathetic.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Bummed I missed ya! Would have been the highlight of the show! :rofl:

Yea, those DCB boats are something else, huh. Did you see the orange one with the suede interior? Suede? Really? In a boat??? :crazy:

Lots of other go-fast boats there too. I was surprised that big yachts like Carver weren't more common.

I did find out that MC is paying Murphy for every Power Tower they sell. He patented the idea of a power tower when he & Clemmons made theirs a few yrs ago. Good to see MC money being spent for a worthy cause. :rockon:

Still workin my way home today. I got hung up in the weather on I-5 over the Grapevine on Monday evening. Stopped in Castaic with a million other people. Found out that SR58 thru Mojave was closed too so I got a hotel room. Made the trip on Tuesday & saw just why they closed the pass. They had about 1/2" of snow plowed off to the side of the road. It was pathetic.

Lol. They like to shut down the Grapevine if we get a dust of snow!

I think the yachts are showcased at the Long Beach show - I am not sure if you have been to that one but they use the marina to show some of the boats.

Our three year old loves the show and likes climbing in the boats. He was dying to climb in that orange boat. I know the sales guys were cringing when they heard him ask if he could drive it. LOL. That boat with suede interior was definitely not toddler friendly!